Deleting rear air bags. Disabling the lights that will eventually come on. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found this thread a while back as I am preparing to get into a GX. I hope this is what your looking for.

Where is the air suspension relay???

I'm glad this was brought up again, and hopefully the answer can be consolidated for any individual converting away from the air suspension.

Pull the AHC relay in the engine compartment fuse box. - The thread says OFF light still blinks.

"Pulled the 20A "TEMS" fuse under the dash. With the relay and the fuse pulled, none of the height control LED's light up. Perfect!" - OFF light no longer blinks

Here is my concern: I remember seeing another thread stating that pulling the AHC 20 AMP Fuse will disconnect the VSC system and trigger the VSC light (I believe it's connected to LX470 instead of GX470). Can anyone that successfuly turned the AHC blinking light OFF validate these steps?

I'm glad this was brought up again, and hopefully the answer can be consolidated for any individual converting away from the air suspension.

Pull the AHC relay in the engine compartment fuse box. - The thread says OFF light still blinks.

"Pulled the 20A "TEMS" fuse under the dash. With the relay and the fuse pulled, none of the height control LED's light up. Perfect!" - OFF light no longer blinks

Here is my concern: I remember seeing another thread stating that pulling the AHC 20 AMP Fuse will disconnect the VSC system and trigger the VSC light (I believe it's connected to LX470 instead of GX470). Can anyone that successfuly turned the AHC blinking light OFF validate these steps?

I have pulled the fuses and relay from under the hood. The OFF light kept blinking. Then pulled the 20A TEMS fuse and now nothing blinks, and no new lights came on.

I just tried it. I pulled the 20A TEMS Fuse and the AHC fuse. I then took it for a drive. No lights came on in the old areas that used to have lights. And then I pressed the RCSA button and that light came on. So I assume the VSC is still working as well. I put them back till the parts show up and I do the swap. I will report back at that time.

I just tried it. I pulled the 20A TEMS Fuse and the AHC fuse. I then took it for a drive. No lights came on in the old areas that used to have lights. And then I pressed the RCSA button and that light came on. So I assume the VSC is still working as well. I put them back till the parts show up and I do the swap. I will report back at that time.

I think you may already know this, but the RSCA and the VSC are not related in that manner. Sure, if the vehicle rolls the airbags will go off and the VSC will sense that roll, but I would not assume that since the RSCA light was illuminated that the VSC is working properly.

Yeah, I am making the assumption that RSCA and the VSC are related. I did see the VSC light when I powered on the car briefly. I was in a rush. Need to try it again to be 100% sure.

Yeah, I am making the assumption that RSCA and the VSC are related. I did see the VSC light when I powered on the car briefly. I was in a rush. Need to try it again to be 100% sure.

RSCA - Roll-Sensing Curtain Airbags ... The switch turns them off so when you are off-camber on roads/trails/rocks it won't think you're about to roll and deploy the curtain airbags.

VSC - Vehicle-Stability Control ... Cannot be turned off on the GX470 except in low range and with CDL locked or by modifying wiring... i.e no dash switch to turn it on/off.

You can hack vsc and add a button but you are correct stock

So. Kinda wondering. On my 06 Tundra I had to pull the abs fuse or unplug a wheel sensor to disable the abs. Otherwise the abs could engage when one wheel was off the ground and the truck would roll forward despite the brakes firmly applied. I hope that is not the case with this truck.

I just pulled the trigger on the Ironman 2.5" Pro series coil over lift with MT conversion kit for the rear air bag delete. I will be needing this information for sure. As always this forum will be a life saver!!!!!

Thanks to Mark at MT for sticking with me and helping me through the process

Travis

Yep, even with both fuses pulled the VSC and whatever the light next to still come on with the key and turn off after a second or two.

Yep, even with both fuses pulled the VSC and whatever the light next to still come on with the key and turn off after a second or two.
I saw the comments that VSC cannot be turned off unless in low range and cdl locked...but since the VSC light comes on briefly, is it effected by having the fuses pulled? Or will it still work properly?

I think when the ignition is turned to the "on" position, the ECM does a self-check of certain systems, including VSC, and briefly illuminates the warning light as part of the check. Just like the "Check Engine" light, airbag light, oil light, charging light, etc. all illuminate briefly. Once the system check is completed and no problem is discovered, the light goes off.

So are there 2 fuses and 1 relay. Or is there 1 fuse and 1 relay.

One fuse under the dash and one air compressor relay in the engine bay.

I'm thinking there may be more? I pulled those 2 and having all sorts of issues with the VSC.

I just put in the full Eibach pro kit yesterday. I'm looking back through the instructions today and Eibach recommends an additional 2 that need to be pulled in the large fuse box under the hood.

I cant confirm this works as I'm at work right now, but will try tomorrow.

Screenshot_20200926-054335_Drive.jpg

This is great info (lift going on roughly 2 weeks from now). Does anyone have a good walk-through on pulling out the AHC controls from the center console?

This is great info (lift going on roughly 2 weeks from now). Does anyone have a good walk-through on pulling out the AHC controls from the center console?
Just a plastic panel remover tool and then unplug it. The issues that I still don’t see clearly is the fuses. Oh and on eBay you can get this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom