Definitive Toyota Tool List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I did the same. Loosen everything before jacking. Fricken luxury not doing that anymore.

Unfortunately, Hondas s*** is backwards...the ol' breaker bar to frame trick doesn't work. They wanted $400+ to replace a $8 seal, and I was almost ready to pay it. Broke a socket and an extension using a 10' cheater and had to make this hideous piece of s*** as a last effort before giving up. View attachment 1665601

That's pretty nuts! Makes wrenching on a crusty old cruiser seem attractive in comparison.

Land Cruiser Off Set Axle Lifting Device
So I finished first prototype today. I used a 6" channel, pad from old floor jack, nut from big trailer ball, old threaded
lifting pad from a adjustable thing I've had for 20 yrs and don't use anymore.
Dimensions are 7" offset from axle centerline to bottom of pumpkin, so the threaded pad is 7" the other way.
I wanted to use a longer channel but this is what I had. The other dimension is 4 1/4" difference from bottom
of pumpkin to bottom of axle tube. The threaded part is adjustable so if that is different no matter. I've got a spring
set to do, so it will be put to the test and should I need, I can adjust it. I do have a much longer channel but it only
will work on the rear to be spaced between the spring pads. If this one works, then I'll make one that is only for the rear
and keep one for the front.
If you look at the one pic of the bottom, a cool feature is I cut a 4" circular plate to fit the perch pad, but I also have the center
bolt head is identical to the allen head used on the perch, so it centers and positions the device so it won't shift or tip.
Kinda cool. :cool: So now pics.

IMG_4884.JPG
IMG_4886.JPG
IMG_4887.JPG
IMG_4888.JPG

A hoard of Minions that’ll work for beer or Pizza to cut the time to do service work down.

I cut down the head of the seal puller, just got the right shape so I can pull inner axle seals on the front axle without
removing the knuckle. Kind of handy should a birf repair in the field be needed.

Dredging up this old thread, I finally bought myself one of these...because loose zip ties piss me off.
20190716_082758.jpg

Gets them tight. Way tighter than you can get them with pliers. Tight enough they can actually be used as clamps, and it cuts off the tail. Note the quality brand name...:lol:

I used to work at a place that had a fancy pistol grip one, would tighten and cut them in one shot, buuuut, it was also $300...for that price I can live with having them loose and snipping with sidecutters.

This one was more like $25 and came with a sackfull of zip ties.

Seems to be made well enough, all metal unlike a lot of the cheapies.

Used it to crush a can with a zip tie. :hillbilly:

Dredging up this old thread, I finally bought myself one of these...because loose zip ties piss me off.View attachment 2032191

Gets them tight. Way tighter than you can get them with pliers. Tight enough they can actually be used as clamps, and it cuts off the tail. Note the quality brand name...:lol:

I used to work at a place that had a fancy pistol grip one, would tighten and cut them in one shot, buuuut, it was also $300...for that price I can live with having them loose and snipping with sidecutters.

Cool, I never new such a thing existed.

Dredging up this old thread, I finally bought myself one of these...because loose zip ties piss me off.View attachment 2032191

You got me sold....but I must admit, I'd have bought it just for that brand name. :hillbilly:

You got me sold....but I must admit, I'd have bought it just for that brand name. :hillbilly:

Haha, Amazon special.

There's a crapload of different versions on there, some only do the narrow little ties tho, and sound like they're made of plastic. Could well be a better one that isn't outrageously priced. Pistol grip would be better. .

I think the one I used to use was this one that home depot sells in the us. Kinda spendy.

It was definitely nicer than this one, and it'd fit in smaller spaces...but way too much money for something like this

Ten points if you can guess what this is...

GXfmAskV3NR9GxTwl1F9V-n3cUz1kXZNeU3IK-FyItTl8ftNPAiwxBXh6KCNKVGdwZRJC9liP56rIuVdb8cUJRPXfqaBybytrvr5finK3CZM3UsdfOWITDTmxLgxr1QVLaVArzvZ2xzsDugfeo2LSOnQW_CS3WJGdL9eqyo9Oz3niFTqa2vkRdyWE12oyHiz8qqto_4dLIlGoYr52v3ZcY2N5u9Jar9g8e1n2Yv_55nlWQK1kUA9lRaG0sGbhrser9hWa-f1K4Fiu5nrhhB23PymFMzZBLGbMoDPTXA_5M-JBnD-qx48P-xtHb7_m6DxWwa0OBJDMXSUNQwfqCTftJfflAvOwBOvWrEBMzHSpM50rsX57hU9Ns52V7i1dZ8rAgRy_wc2vTACRccZrcBWx-_jRl6vIlA9gOe_CET_JnFhiko4k9g3lxs9gu8lf_6bj6yhFsb1e2WQ-FF7NYaUllTtT_P6ZZjj2tnDakBbh-lquxW4ygZxyJSgqIfYYu1qlaCxRELsFJ_AeQCzP3Nid8fegJBnDbA6IgUsMKvdlX27nZEisk32a1TkYvF0jWCPEiB8bFRXHQV0QJ2zwc0lRMd5RuWo9euHry43ifIKMQsgNxiu3bfAlC19RB4MqQ1qqW9ijArAde73BNUJB-D_0OFFtp2KOENxuEYhiiSeaHMVFvuo4WFidoo=w834-h625-no

Hint...it does this. :grinpimp:

mhZvHXb2xIaRqaht_YOP0ZHS-5XzOCbl-SpnDZ8e6hATcs0YvL0x32DpH_DtTcmkOymxXwbIcnfMwAQX7eJfQJ62TDO-sCdYbteKyvJth1OfoXYNUyC_bzU0NSm7VF_yh2XeIiOmNRALMEyzwjusOfX_w7MhIkHR_Lr9kLjYl1K5PO-uXxJEODist-TTxC9n4r7ZyUxphfhfWO_2V6AqCezcVhr8TevnoYABrbDIT4SmjZs82MyT3igHYQfva0nbzYBtBc2SXyihVhE_e1cpxoTwkBJ1yTf8VrqI2F0UI_zVcH0XQ_h5QiW08Y_zDR1crHGyN3kQu-N9iMvxsef90IGTxOPAHHAd4ygE0LYBy9iwXO7_QXNvCuwdaTHp5uYRmbVrJfXQIRjRFFYHYfom_7XINlBTHxgam6fQCV6T7jgL6vr8q5OhMfrPtwixe8z5LJRk7MaXuoUUeri8czu2y6ikfdMEWHRmO1MAgysTMcYqe97Goq_IdUFSiHKT3cttUvwItS10Gz7Gqu74yqwhqwMkV-CHRGu5oOeNhmghqRLxRQeChX7vOn9k9qv3Bi4WgZWkKtlt6qZZ8CtPvK8D-2NLHRuECl7LPV71azTctYdbVZ7BDj92E_jKgKra6PQXU-3zPtsIurdokU9hrlRJmpya0F43MlqiTA63QRP-Y-dWxj8m2bM66Vg=w469-h625-no

That's just fencing wire on the first attempt, but seems pretty good to me. Gets tight as ****. Kindof a 10,000 uses other than just hoseclamps. SS mechanics wire is what you're supposed to use.

Went down the youtube rabbit hole at work last night and found a pretty cool video with a crazy russian making cool s***.

I'm way too cheap to buy the real one ClampTite but I might try to copy that design when I find the big old ss turnbuckle I have kicking around.

What I'm particularly stoked about, is I've had a mile of 3/4" air line for ages, but haven't had a solid way of clamping it to make a proper shop air system.

Cool tool! More fun to build your own than it is to buy one anyway.
A person shouldn't even walk around the block without one of these.
Yeah it was fun to make. More savage wood lathe abuse. :lol:

I ordered some of the SS wire you're supposed to use with them. The cheap fencing wire was all I had around, it gets tight but it's pretty easy to break so I suspect the ss wire will cinch up a lot tighter.

I have a few of the small heater hoses that just don't want to stop weeping with conventional clamps. They don't work worth a s*** on smaller lines, tend to strip out or pinch the hose before they get tight enough, so I'm looking forward to trying this on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom