Events/Trails December Peace trail run date set for December 26th roll out. (1 Viewer)

Which dates work best for you??

• December31-Janurary 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December 26th to December 29th

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello CruiserBauers. Not sure if you guys ever completed the run, but we at CSC AZ are planning one in that area as well that you and the group can join if you wish. Link here: Events/Trails - Arizona Peace Trail South Half 4/4 - 4/10/2020

If you guys completed the run at the end of Dec, how did it go?
I have run the south section already. Only trouble spots we found was a hill side just outside of Mitrie lake and tight spot on the back side of hidden shores

Hello CruiserBauers. Not sure if you guys ever completed the run, but we at CSC AZ are planning one in that area as well that you and the group can join if you wish. Link here: Events/Trails - Arizona Peace Trail South Half 4/4 - 4/10/2020

If you guys completed the run at the end of Dec, how did it go?
I posted this in a different area...

Hey @chap79 , was that water crossing a part of the Arizona Peace Trail? How was the rest of that trail? I'm thinking about hitting it next fall.
Yes it is. It’s crossing the Bob Williams River on the NE side of the Lake Alamo. We were running the trail backwards from the way most folks go, counterclockwise, so we were almost done. Given all the rain that there was right before the trip the trail was very muddy, according to locals the lake and river were the highest they’ve been in years.

For the most part I’d say the trail is really easy, especially if you’re rolling in a locked rig on 37’s. We did have a bone stock 100 series with us. It did take some rear bumper damage dragging it in and out of washes and they did have to use their rear locker a couple of times due to the muddy conditions.

The brush in areas was well overgrown and we did have to cut some branches and drag off the trail or put in muddy ruts for the 100. We all suffered some deep pin-striping. Good tires are a must do avoid cactus punctures.

I highly recommend buying the Peace Trail Atlas and downloading the GPS tracks. I was using the Gaia app on my iPad and utilizing a Garmin GLO 2 for accurate real-time tracking. This really helped as there are lots of forks in the trails and the GLO unit didn’t lag in signal like the integrated tablet GPS antennas.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was a great trip and I hope we can do it again in the future to finish it out.

I can only agree 100% with @chap79 about the trail.... I the river by Alamo lake is quicksand...so any water makes it way worse. I'm going out on a limb but think it will be a no go for a while until the water slows down.

Thanks for all the feedback and pictures guys. Very, very helpful. Historical weather forecasts show pretty much no chance of anything falling from tne sky in April so hopefully we wont repeat the dunking that you all worked your way out of. Looks like it was quite the adventure. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom