Events/Trails December Peace trail run date set for December 26th roll out. (1 Viewer)

Which dates work best for you??

• December31-Janurary 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • December 26th to December 29th

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unless something comes up this is a GO for us!

Just order a book that was update in April of this year about the trail... so should have more specific information about it soon.

Please!

I'm 80-20 in if that makes any sense. BTW what fuel range is required?
We have fueling opportunities in towns we drive by

Yes and think there is a few other spots...

I'm interested if you're still taking random - self sufficient - vehicles. (gotta get the okay from the wife first though.)
Come to tomorrows meeting where we will talk about it more.

Well the planning is still on going at this point but those are the fine details. Here are the game plan. San Diego folks meet at the Vons shopping center off of Scripps Poway parkway near the Vons at 0845. Wheels rolling at 0900 and off to Yuma, AZ where we will meet up with any of the Copper State Cruiser members and @chap79. Hope to be there about 1pm if not sooner. The meeting point will be the Fry's Grocery off of Fortuna Rd. Hopefully we will be wheels up about 130 pm and off to the 95 where we will get on trail. Figure to drive about 2.5 to three hours the first day and cover about 70 miles hopefully.
Fuel stops on the north bound run will be in Salome, Alamo Lake, Wikieup and Kingman. Depends if we will need to make all those stops but depends. Hopefully day 2 will be about 100 miles maybe more and end outside Salome area. The third day will see us making it up to the Wikieup if not further again about 100 miles. The last day will be into Kingman by about lunch time. Again these are all guesses, we may go faster or slower depending on the terrain and weather. I'm guessing it will be cold nights and warm days. Plan for the worst on cold nights. The goal is to be wheels up at 0830 each morning. More specifics will come later but just a quick up date on the run.

Last edited:
We are five days out from the adventure. I'm finishing up some last minute fixes.... but who is going...try locking down a list so we can know the amount of truck to meet us on the 26th.

1. @chap79
2. @Cruiser Bauers

Hope everyone is okay or made it there safely. The 8 was a s*** show this morning. My daughter and I made it through before they closed it.

Saw a clean 100 at the Chevron on Imperial Hwy and I-8.

Was not us.... we got stuck. Made about 60 miles in before day light disappeared

Hello CruiserBauers. Not sure if you guys ever completed the run, but we at CSC AZ are planning one in that area as well that you and the group can join if you wish. Link here: Events/Trails - Arizona Peace Trail South Half 4/4 - 4/10/2020

If you guys completed the run at the end of Dec, how did it go?
Depends on how you define finish...
00F3FBC5-C057-4027-A49E-0E8A4A84E9FE.png

F1A666E7-9C45-408C-B057-41C1231A4213.png

CCE83400-AA54-41D8-AE33-238054EB859A.jpeg

4B3CA4E5-F387-455B-B68D-115579A46E93.jpeg

For those not in the know yet @KTP has purchased himself a fully built 80 (U-boat Edition) at a good price. Currently pending shipping.

@chap79 oh really. 👀👀 You have a replacement set up?
I do, but it’s going in a different direction. For those that don’t know me all that well I LOVE LAND CRUISERS!! Have for decades. But I’m leaning towards a Tacoma purchase for the wheeling/overlanding that the wife and I have given our midwestern local. But I’m also thinking about building a truggy too for rock and mud playing. And when the moment presents itself I’ll pick up another cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom