Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Dec 18

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Leave me alone

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

afgman786

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey everyone,

I know at last months meeting I mentioned trying to get a trail ride together for Dec. So here I am following thru on that. Pick a day and post up if you're interested or not. I'll keep up with keeping a running tally so we know who's in.

For those of you that are new to the area and group this is a fun trail ride on FS roads. View at the top is nice and the ride up in the winter is good too since you can see out into the valley.

The likelihood of me actually being at either of these dates is slim, but I will post up possible meet points and different route options for the group to decide on.

Screenshot_20211202-002133.png

TRAIL DETAILS: Meet at 0900 at Turner Ashby High School
If you can not make it to the high school in time most of the group will be airing down at the following coordinates: 38.495169, -79.081296 The group should be at that area by 0930.

Trail Route: Union Springs - Flagpole - Switzer Dam
If you've never done this Google Maps works great for this. Just make sure you have it set to walking and will take you on the correct trail.

Trail Ride: Here is the map of the route.
1638719214329.png

Trail Riders:

@PRADO3
@kevin in okinawa
@captainva
@light1 ?
@1MOA
@rrc swb ?

Comms:
Club channel 1 which is 462.550, or Ch. 15 on GMRS with CTCSS code 12

Last edited:
Thanks for coordinating this trail run.

I'm in for the 11th, earlier the better I find if you don't want to run into trail traffic, and then it works out to do early lunch break at flag pole or the meadow.

I'll be knee deep again in interior painting and flooring projects on both days...well, until February I guess. Looks like the HJ61 won't be back out on trails until springtime (I'm not driving it after salt goes on the roads).

I did get a welder and moto farkles 9.5" diff armor for Xmas! Very excited to do some welding! And install my traction bar kit (that's been in a box for 2 years) for the rear end! Good times ahead!

To everyone that goes to Flagpole...have fun! I wish I was going to join you! :)

Do the same route we did 2 years ago. Nice run and good finish
I dont know what route you guys did two years but I assume up from union springs to flag pole? I think that's usually best, I might divert at the top and go south down FR85 since it puts me back on the way to Waynesboro anyways.

I dont know what route you guys did two years but I assume up from union springs to flag pole? I think that's usually best, I might divert at the top and go south down FR85 since it puts me back on the way to Waynesboro anyways.
I think that’s it. @afgman786 didn’t you map it last time?

I'll be knee deep again in interior painting and flooring projects on both days...well, until February I guess. Looks like the HJ61 won't be back out on trails until springtime (I'm not driving it after salt goes on the roads).

I did get a welder and moto farkles 9.5" diff armor for Xmas! Very excited to do some welding! And install my traction bar kit (that's been in a box for 2 years) for the rear end! Good times ahead!

To everyone that goes to Flagpole...have fun! I wish I was going to join you! :)

We'll also be doing a Valentine's day run in Feb on this trail most likely. There's a hotel close by that works out and cost effective.

I think that’s it. @afgman786 didn’t you map it last time?

Yes I have. Will post the maps hopefully this weekend

Where's the meeting point?

Trying to make it if it’s the 11th!

For those that are interested in going, I have updated the first post with trail logistics. I will post up radio logistics for yal as well later in the week.

I see posts of members talking about Dec 11 being the better option, but the poll shows 18th in the lead. Please post up so I can keep an actually member tally as well.

What time are you guys typically done? Might be able to make the 18th work

Ditto

We'll also be doing a Valentine's day run in Feb on this trail most likely.
well, I shifted my DIY focus to things other than painting and floors, so it appears that I will make this adventure after all! ;)

@afgman786 is it possible to edit the poll to have one option for either day is ok? Or allow multiple votes?

@afgman786 is taking care of some family matters, I’ll continue to help organize this ride, although I can’t participate myself.

Seeing that we are only a few days away from the 11th, and more people voted for the 18th, let’s lock down the 18th as the date for this trip.

Would someone that would like to attend on the 18th be willing to trail lead? This really is one of the easiest trails to lead, and I’m sure you’ll have others with you who have been to flagpole before.

The trail lead can pick the meet up spot and time. Any takers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom