Dead pedal hardware? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I got my truck it didn't have a dead pedal so I ordered one off fleabay but can't seem to figure out how it attaches...Here are three pics I have, I know that bolt secures it but I'm not sure where, am I missing a bracket?

There should be a small metal tab sticking up out of the floor for the pedal to attach to. at least on my 96. have you looked underneath the carpet? previous owner might have removed it completely.

I believe there is supposed to be a piece attached the the hole in the third pic which comes out and the kick panel screws into.

What he said...

The metal tab sticking up has a plastic "nut" in it that you screw in to.

I might have the plastic nut since I just removed mine last week. Interested?

Thanks for the offer, I actually just found it...looks like the original PO had the carpet (must be aftermarket since that wear pad doesn't look OEM) replaced and they never cut open the slit for that bracket...explains why I don't have a floor mat hook hole and third row step pads either :mad:

Have any of you guys taken off and reinstalled your dead pedal? I don't know if this carpet just doesn't fit right or if someone screwed with the wiring harness, I seem to be about 1/4" off from where I need to be to get that bolt in (without the trim piece in, with I can't even get close)...there's a bulge right where that lower lip of the pedal is supposed to tuck under the side of the trim.

Have any of you guys taken off and reinstalled your dead pedal? I don't know if this carpet just doesn't fit right or if someone screwed with the wiring harness, I seem to be about 1/4" off from where I need to be to get that bolt in (without the trim piece in, with I can't even get close)...there's a bulge right where that lower lip of the pedal is supposed to tuck under the side of the trim.

Cut the carpet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom