Builds DC916Cruiser's 200 build thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I'm creating this thread to document the modifications I've put into my 200 and hopefully help anyone here that is thinking of performing the same or similar mods. Before moving forward with the mods, I performed extensive research on this forum and gathered a great amount of information from you all. Thank you for helping me choose my parts wisely! A special shout-out to Australian Images for his informative videos. They helped me out a lot.

Mods list installed as of 8/7/16:
  • Icon 2.5 non-resi coilover suspension - Front
  • SPC front upper control arms
  • King 2.5 resi shocks - Rear
  • OME 2722 springs - Rear
  • Firestone Coil-Rite air bags - Rear
  • 5 x 17" TRD Rock Warrior wheels
  • 5 x Nitto Trail Grappler tires - 285/75/17
  • Rugged Ridge 1.25" wheel spacers
  • Added rear tow plug harness
4 wheel alignment scheduled for this week...

When I bought the rig, she came with some 22" Chrome KMC wheels sitting on 45 series tires. I knew right off the bat that they would need to be replaced asap. A week after I bought the rig, someone decided to help expedite that process by slashing my rear passenger tire. I knew I wasn't going to spend the dough on a new tire for the 22's, so on with the parts gathering I went.

The day I bought her
IMG_2702.jpg

Suspension install pics

Front suspension
IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

I had to grind down some metal to ensure the lower control arm body mount bump stops didn't rub against the springs at droop
IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

Rear suspension
IMG_3409.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3412.jpg

IMG_3413.jpg

Modification made to allow RW spare to fit in the spare location
IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3423.jpg

Initial cuts made to rocker panels, but will still need more trimming due to continued rubbing
IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

How she sits now
IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

Before & After
KSKD0745.jpg

My goal is to prepare and outfit for some overland expeditions. Sliders will most likely be the next mod, then skids, bumpers, roof rack, etc. I would love to make it out to Ouray & Moab with you guys, hopefully next year. :)

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Dan

Looks great. Your plan sounds like a solid one.

I didnt need sliders or skids on my recent trip to Ouray. Then again though, I am on 37's with about 5" or more of lift...

Looks great. Your plan sounds like a solid one.

I didnt need sliders or skids on my recent trip to Ouray. Then again though, I am on 37's with about 5" or more of lift...
Thanks man, your rig is awesome and was one of the inspirations for my build.

How do you like the ride quality of the Icon suspension setup?
I am very satisfied with the ride quality so far. I have yet to take her offroad, but speed bumps and pot holes are being soaked up very nicely.

Rig looks good. You need sliders and you are ready for Moab and Breck.

Thanks Kamal, I am looking forward to it! Hopefully we can have a little convoy out to Moab/Breck from the West coast.

looks good - curious when you get out to Moab and start flexing around how the rear resi's position in the wheel well will work out. It may be fine where it is
look at my photo below and you'll see what I'm getting at with my comment:

IMG_0131.JPG

Thanks Kamal, I am looking forward to it! Hopefully we can have a little convoy out to Moab/Breck from the West coast.
take HWY 50, lots of stuff to see:D:D:D
email4328.jpg

We certainly can. Tentatively, I am thinking about leaving on the July 28 and making it Moab by 29 or 30th. I am flexible we can coordinate details when time comes before confirming bookings. Check your inbox, I sent my cell no.

Did you submit your proof to get the certificate for bragging rights for surviving US 50 from Nevada Tourism? # 1 tip: Carry spare gas...
yep we got some kind of jr G man badge in the mail:D You def want to fill up every chance ya get, loud road trip music and searching for places to get our book stamped made it actually kind of fun! Well as fun as "The loneliest road in America" can be!

looks good - curious when you get out to Moab and start flexing around how the rear resi's position in the wheel well will work out. It may be fine where it is

View attachment 1388269
Good eye Willy, didn't even think of that when I saw them sitting there, just thought how cool they looked! But now ya got the old wheels turning in my brain. I think I remember someone having to relocate those rear resi's to inside the frame due to exactly what you pointed out, that rear wheel/tire combo shift in when it flexes and could rip that resi right off of there. Def flex it up a bit and test it out before ya get deep into Moab! Let us know if it hits or not... Truck looks awesome, what a BEAST!!!

Last edited:

View attachment 1388269

Wow, that is some serious flex! I'll definitely have to check to see if the tire will rub the resi cylinder under full compression. Awesome rig btw!

This is the most flex I've gotten so far. I'm pretty sure the tires didn't make contact with the resi cylinders. I'll check the clearance after work today at my "testing grounds" :)

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

This is the most flex I've gotten so far. I'm pretty sure the tires didn't make contact with the resi cylinders. I'll check the clearance after work today at my "testing grounds" :)

IMG_3527.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg
good stuff man, I have some slopes, I mean testing grounds near my house also:D See if you can fire off a couple pics showing how close it gets to that resi...

Just trying to help

You can take it to Prairie City OHV and go thru frame twister course to check flexing. Its probably muddy now due to all the rain. They charge $5 entry fee to play.

Thanks guys, any help is much appreciated. Looking forward to meeting some fellow 200 owners soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom