King Shocks and Total Chaos Lower Control Arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well here are the pics I have so far of the king shock install. The new total chaos lower control arms will be on this week. I will make sure to post pics of that also.

king1_zpsd994fc7e.jpg

This is the drivers side. Notice the reservoir bracket is different from the passenger side and the stock brackets they send out. When they went to fit them on (them being king themselves) they realized the stock bracket would not work because of the KDSS system. So they had to fabricate a new bracket for me.

king2_zpsf0f1b4f4.jpg

Here is the passenger side with the stock bracket they sell.

king3_zps9b74bc8c.jpg

Rear

king4_zpsf7e38e78.jpg

Rear

On the front coil overs, they had to redesign them as the OEM replacements they originally put on were too long by about an inch.
They also had to cut a SMALL piece of the sub frame (about 1/2 semi circle) where the bump stop fits. The angle was off by a bit and kept hitting it. It was much easier and better to just do that then have them try and create a new top bracket piece for the coilovers to change the angle.

Also, after driving it, they said it was way too stiff in the back. So they took them off and redid the valves to their satisfaction.

I also have the compression valves on all 4.

I am getting her back on Tuesday so should have pics of the new lower control arms by Total Chaos then.

Looking nice! Mind if I ask why you went external reservoir? Does a Fox without it feel any different? I understand the value around heat dissipation by having more oil volume. Again, awesome rig.

Looking nice! Mind if I ask why you went external reservoir? Does a Fox without it feel any different? I understand the value around heat dissipation by having more oil volume. Again, awesome rig.

The reservoir you see on those are standard. The EXTRA oil canisters would be 'bypasses' which I didn't have installed as I don't really think I would utilize them much.

i'm sure you've seen the other write up re: the front shock line rubbing against the upper control arm. i'll be curious if the Total Chaos arm has the same problem (looks tight).

I don't know. I will ask them when I get there.

Whats the advantage of these LCAs (or any other aftermarket LCAs)? Better articulation?

Hey dtt255...lookin good!
I don't see LCAs on Total Chaos' site for the '08 LC...are they the Tundra ones?

Hey dtt255...lookin good!
I don't see LCAs on Total Chaos' site for the '08 LC...are they the Tundra ones?

Nope, they are not on the site yet. I have the prototypes on right now. Picked her up today. She rides like she is on a cloud! Amazing difference.
The LCA are HUGE and AMAZING looking. Here are pics.

14EEA691-98DE-4857-8C61-6998FBF59296-11198-00000280FCFCE3A7_zpsa2cdaafc.jpg

Notice the removable skid plate underneath the arm. A little extra protection never hurt anyone!

B62B7747-5F8D-4156-BB3E-1A7CA45876A4-11198-0000028104F8BE48_zpscc09e98a.jpg

9D76B1A9-7807-4507-8D3A-AF41C38ACF9C-11198-00000281074C66C8_zps149a0ac0.jpg

86782217-6106-4D7B-9F38-E34BC023F8BF-11198-000002810A5DE58D_zps4454eed5.jpg

1DC31EAA-0FE8-4740-8458-80F4F71345B2-11198-000002810D33B992_zps8fd0665f.jpg

1D0883F5-9B13-4045-9833-787B30FDC282-11198-00000281104E7D1B_zps4ef752fa.jpg

D6CC324B-BD3C-4F6A-8D99-81282F0C4086-11198-00000281136DB4C6_zps4d842e01.jpg

Some things to remember (this will sound like a disclaimer and it partially is :p )

These are the prototypes...from talking with TC, there may be a few aesthetic changes to the final product, but functionality is the same.

They are dual shock capable. I think you may need an additional top piece to complete it. Someone will have to talk to TC for that info.

They are NOT the tundra arms. These are shorter then the tundra ones, etc.

I do not have a clue of the price. You will have to call them for that.

So far, the combo of these and the kings are amazing....already spent time off the paved road and it preformed flawless!!

i'm sure you've seen the other write up re: the front shock line rubbing against the upper control arm. i'll be curious if the Total Chaos arm has the same problem (looks tight).

Mark,

From the way the reservoirs are mounted on mine, I don't see how the tubes can be rubbed like the other pics. I will keep an eye on them though for sure!

Dang nice setup.

What is the advantage of the new LCAs?

Dang nice setup.

What is the advantage of the new LCAs?

Mark,

For exact specs on what they do 'better' you would have to give TC a call.

What I do know is that they are stronger and more robust then stock, by far.
The will allow for better articulation. They allow for more flexibility and better wheel travel.
WIth the additional removable skid plate, there is alot of extra protection for the suspension.

Gosh I sound like a salesman! :D

DTT,

Well for sure, they look really awesome. Way to go pioneering another LC200 modification!

But with all your awesome mods, I'm curious: why haven't you stuck a supercharger in it yet?

DTT,

Well for sure, they look really awesome. Way to go pioneering another LC200 modification!

But with all your awesome mods, I'm curious: why haven't you stuck a supercharger in it yet?

I have about 5k-7k reasons :D

Plus to be honest, I don't know if I trust my local toyota shop to install one correctly.

Completely agree, but if i ever heard of a reputable west coast shop that had experience doing a SC, I think I would be out of excuses to not do it. My off roading is pretty mild since becoming InstaDad, but I still like to exercise my right foot now and then. But if I were still single, I'd be trying to build a twin to yours!

Completely agree, but if i ever heard of a reputable west coast shop that had experience doing a SC, I think I would be out of excuses to not do it. My off roading is pretty mild since becoming InstaDad, but I still like to exercise my right foot now and then. But if I were still single, I'd be trying to build a twin to yours!

I would LOVE to find a shop out here that could do it. I have called TRD but they won't 'modify' the airbox to make it fit. So kind of stuck.

My off roading is pretty mild since becoming InstaDad, but I still like to exercise my right foot now and then. But if I were still single, I'd be trying to build a twin to yours!

BTW got 4 kids....12-5. Bumpy roads make them fall asleep ;)

don't know where you gents are based, i just purchased the SC and fit kit from Manhattan Toyota, they have installed this kit on several LC's in the past and are quite familiar with it.

worth speaking to a few dealers to then identify one that has done the work.

don't know where you gents are based, i just purchased the SC and fit kit from Manhattan Toyota, they have installed this kit on several LC's in the past and are quite familiar with it.

worth speaking to a few dealers to then identify one that has done the work.

Can you send me the contact info for who did the ordering of the parts etc so I can contact them about ordering a kit that has everything I will need.

That would be awesome.

Thanks!

I'll look uo the guy's name in the part dept who i dealt with and send you via PM

here's the kit number i originally called them inquiring about. they are familiar as they knew very well about a bracket that needs to be slightly modified, and of course that the airbox does not fit either, however they do use unichip (recommended) to adjust ECU, so seems they know what they are doing.

http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=-8087

another SC option is one by Hennesey, i spoke with them when i was doing my research. i ended up sticking with the TRD unit. However, the gents at Hennessey are very competent and make a kit specifically for the LC200/LX570

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hpe500-sequoia.html

my issue is that as soon as all the mods are done, i'm shipping the truck to Switzerland and can't afford to be dealing with aftermarket part issues/malfunctions. At least with TRD matters Toyota garage (dealer) in Switzerland can speak with Toyota in N.A. or elsewhere and receive guidance/advice on whatever needs to be fixed, whereas they won't touch an SC like Hennessey's

to just order the kit and have it shipped you can speak with either trdparts4u or hennessey. however if you contact Sparks Toyota in Myrtle Beach, SC they will send you the TRD kit with the parts already modified for the LC200.

i still have not pulled the trigger on shocks.....i believe that i'm 80% convinced that Radflo are better for my application however from what i read seems that King is a solid contender. I have no need for the UCA, and have purchased the ICON rear trailing arm. any advice/input is welcomed/appreciated

**Brakes have been purchased just waiting for wheels/tires to arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom