Day Ride 09/21/2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Checking interest in a day trip for Saturday, September 21, 2019. Not a big football day. Auburn is off, Alabama plays Southern Miss at home. Thinking about a day trip to Talladega National Forest, Little River Canyon, or ???. Families, friends, significant others, all are invited - run what you brung.

We can ride or stay home and watch football; it's a win either way.

Post up so we can gauge interest.

UPDATE: We will meet at Krispy Kreme on 280 at 09:30 on 9/21. Hopefully the Hot Now sign will be flashing.

Last edited:
Mer and I are in as long as her twin sister doesn't have a baby early. Then it'll just be me...:flipoff2::steer:

Will my GX make it? I've never been. Also in most likely.

I am a solid maybe if I can drive over from Ga. It is about 2 hours to Talladega

What time and where should we meet to head out? I saw we run it South to North, starting near Sylacauga like we usually do. Start with 600-1 and go to 600-2.

Also, should we meet somewhere for breakfast as a group, or should we plan to have lunch on the trail and stop at an overlook?

I'd be a solid maybe if Kait thinks Rowen is up for it, I really want to check out little river canyon if thats the green light idea.
We're going to stick to TNF this trip. LRC is cool, but you can literally do the trail in 20 minutes. I'm sure we will go back up there soon though.

What time and where should we meet to head out? I saw we run it South to North, starting near Sylacauga like we usually do. Start with 600-1 and go to 600-2.

Also, should we meet somewhere for breakfast as a group, or should we plan to have lunch on the trail and stop at an overlook?
Meet at Krispy Kreme on 280, but take a picnic lunch? Just throwing that out there.

Meet at Krispy Kreme on 280, but take a picnic lunch? Just throwing that out there.
That works for me. Will you update your first post with all the correct info (location, meet up, time, etc). How does 9:30 work at KK?

How does 9:30 work at KK?

In my experience time doesn't seem to govern. What you need to watch for is the neon to be on. That means they have fresh donuts ready to go.

Bump to the top.

Meeting at Krispy Kreme on 280 (close to Walmart) at 09:30 this Saturday.

Bump to the top.

Meeting at Krispy Kreme on 280 (close to Walmart) at 09:30 this Saturday.
A good carb load is essential for overlanding! :p
It’s showing high of 90 for Saturday, which isn’t bad compared to what we’ve had recently! Hoping it will be a cool morning for us.
Should be nice this weekend! Lets try to make it through in one piece this time :rofl:

A good carb load is essential for overlanding! :p

Should be nice this weekend! Lets try to make it through in one piece this time :rofl:
High now 88, hopefully it will keep creeping down!

And thank you, noted on that last part :)

Well I had a grand old time putting Cass through her Overland AF inauguration. It was fun anf hopefully everyone made it home safe.

20190921_122010.jpg

20190921_112100.jpg

20190921_122010.jpg

20190921_112059.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom