Dash & Rear Door Speaker Install (Perfect fitting after-market Pioneer Speakers) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a set of 4" Pioneer speakers that bolt directly into the dash, without modification. I am not sure if these are the same speakers which other folks have posted about in prior speaker install threads, but I am posting anyway, because of the ease of installation, as compared to the challenges we had w/ installing a pair of 6.5" Infinity slim mount speakers in the front doors (more on this later).

Pioneer G-Series TS-G400 4" 2-Way Car speakers w/ IMPP Composite Cones

I had the same speakers installed in my rear doors with minimal mods and we were able to reuse the factory speaker covers. More on the rear door install after I have a chance to take some photos, but for now, here are the photos of the new Pioneers going into the dash. A link to the Pioneer speakers at Best Buy is below. I was able to grab them on sale for $39 a pair (normally they are $49). They are currently $34 a pair at Best Buy. Note - they do not come with speaker grills / covers.

Here is a link to the Pioneer speakers at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...-cones-pair-dark-gray/6065206.p?skuId=6065206

Model: TS-G400
SKU: 6065206

Last edited:
Here are a few more photos...

image11.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image8.jpeg

Are you running these off the stock amp setup?

Are you running these off the stock amp setup?

I installed a double din Pioneer head unit plus a small 4-channel Alpine amp. I will post my whole set up + photos in a few minutes. The 4" Pioneers are small enough to potentially run off of the factory AMP, but I wanted a bit more power to each set up speakers.

Here is my current set up + a few additional photos:

Pioneer AVH-1440NEX double din 6.2" touchscreen w/ Apple Car Play & Bluetooth. This fits ("almost") perfectly in place of the OEM stereo - I had to buy two wiring mounts - one for the stereo and another to control the antenna. Here is a link to the head unit on Amazon:

Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel amp; 45W RMSx4. This Alpine amp is tiny - it fits neatly underneath the driver's seat. Here is a link to the amp on Amazon: Amazon.com: Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier: Gateway

Front door speakers: Infinity REF-6522EX Shallow-Mount 6-1/2 Inch Coaxial Car Speakers. Here is a link to the speakers on Amazon:

Last edited:
I found a set of 4" Pioneer speakers that bolt directly into the dash, without modification. I am not sure if these are the same speakers which other folks have posted about in prior speaker install threads, but I am posting anyway, because of the ease of installation, as compared to the challenges we had w/ installing a pair of 6.5" Infinity slim mount speakers in the front doors (more on this later).

Pioneer G-Series TS-G400 4" 2-Way Car speakers w/ IMPP Composite Cones

I had the same speakers installed in my rear doors with minimal mods and we were able to reuse the factory speaker covers. More on the rear door install after I have a chance to take some photos, but for now, here are the photos of the new Pioneers going into the dash. A link to the Pioneer speakers at Best Buy is below. I was able to grab them on sale for $39 a pair (normally they are $49). They are currently $34 a pair at Best Buy. Note - they do not come with speaker grills / covers.

Here is a link to the Pioneer speakers at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pionee...-cones-pair-dark-gray/6065206.p?skuId=6065206

Model: TS-G400
SKU: 6065206

View attachment 1917343

View attachment 1917344

View attachment 1917345

View attachment 1917346

View attachment 1917347
Will these work on a 92?

I'm having a local shop do my stereo soon, but didn;t realize there were speakers in the dash. I was going to order these on my own and bring with me when I drop the truck off.

Will these work on a 92?

I'm having a local shop do my stereo soon, but didn;t realize there were speakers in the dash. I was going to order these on my own and bring with me when I drop the truck off.

I just redid the stereo on my 91. I used kicker component speakers(css67), they fit the front door perfect and I was able to install the tweeters in the factory dash locations, I had to remove the speakers from the dash and cut them apart and installed the tweeters in the old speaker housings. On the 91 - 93 models the back door holds smaller speakers. I used a set of db drive 4 inch speakers in the rear door. Again I removed the factory speaker from the oem speaker mount and was able to install the new ones into the oem holes and retain the oem grill. Sorry but I don't have a picture of the back door.
20190329_150804.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom