Dash-lights turn on when I press the brake, Cruise-Control doesn't work with headlights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I've seen a few different posts on here for random interior lights/headlight/taillight/cruise control issues so I figured I'd post here to get all the answers on one post.

Issue #1: Cruise Control immediately cancels when turning ON blinker (left-blinker, in my case)

Issue #2: Cruise Control INOPERABLE while headlights are ON.

Issue #3: Pressing the brake pedal turns ON dash-lights and radio display backlight while headlight switch is OFF.

Issue #4: Radio display backlight is ON while in park, but putting the car into drive turns the radio display backlight OFF.

Issue #5: Backseat (Center) dome light does not operate as expected when set to "Door" switch position. The backseat center dome light does not turn ON as expected when a door is ajar, even when the switch position is set to "Door". Dome light operates normally when set to the manual "ON" position.

Sounds like a bad ground, most likely the one that feeds the tail lights, under the rear of the rig.

Thanks, Kevin!

I DO have loose/uncapped tow-wiring wrapped around my hitch assembly, but I made sure they're not touching/shorted together at the wire-ends. I've heard that a shorted towing harness can cause similar issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom