Czech out this first aid kit... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up this first aid kit at a gun show. I have no idea what the contents are, but the labels read...

OBVAZ POHOTOVOSTNI NA POPALENINY, OBINADLO HYDROFILNI, OBVAZ KAPESNI, BALICEK OBVAZOVY MALY, GAZA HYDROFILNI SKLADANA, and TROJCIPY SATEK.

GAZA is the only word I'm taking a stab at. I Googled "Z VZOR 80" and it came up w/ mostly French sites that said they were recalling the Czech surplus kits as they still contained atropine! Mine did not.

Any idea what any of these things are before I start opening them up? Not sure if "sterile" still applies since I have no idea what/where it's been through. I like the box though.

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

z6.jpg

z7.jpg

z8.jpg

kiki.jpg

Last edited:
The z7 image is "individual bandaging package 80", at least in Russian. There is also "sterilized" and "factory 01". In general, all the vaz words have to do with tying, bandaging, etc. obvaz: around-tying, wrap-around bandage. I'll be glad to translate any cyrillic stuff for a fellow 80 mudder :)

looks cool, but wouldn't you want to be able to read all the labels considering the circumstances you'll likely need then under? my $.02 but for what it's worth a very cool bag .

Nice kit, looks to be mostly bandages, I am a medic in the Army and always carry an aidbag in my cars, mostly with diff size bandages, latex gloves, tourniquet's, suture's, and minor drugs like motrin, aspirin and in my larger kit more extensive items like IV fluid and catheters in case of a heat exhaustion case or such. I bought my wife a nice ARMY M3 bag that is small and has a lot of room and I filled it up with some supplies. Let me know if you want me to hook you up with one, there is a tone of military surplus stores here around Ft Bragg. I think new the M3 bag cost $15 empty. I can send pics as well. It rolls up to approx 10" x 8" x 8" full.

Roberto

I think I've seen the M3 bag, but would you post a pic of it? Can't have too many!

looks cool, but wouldn't you want to be able to read all the labels considering the circumstances you'll likely need then under? my $.02 but for what it's worth a very cool bag .

In an emergency, intuition will tell me exactly what to use and how to use it! Nah, I'll probably open a couple of them up to see exactly what's in 'em. Mostly gauze/bandages, but yhou can't have enough of those when you spring a leak.

I bought it more for the case than the innards. I'd like to upgrade the chrome buckles with fastex buckles though.

Nice kit, what did you pay? .

$40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom