CW 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A little bit of leaf spring "conditioning" :lol: .

I figger this is pretty close to 1/2 a cord , and this fir was freaking heavy, so at a wild guess, probably about 12-1500 LBS.

A green cord of fir is supposedly 3300 LBS or so.

Springs are on the overloads, but still have a bit of arch and are maybe 1/2" from the bumps. So I'm calling that good.

These are half ton chev springs, and they ride pretty nice, so I didn't want to have to ad to them.

Either way, this is enough weight to make the "C" range tires bulge like a quarantine beer belly, so I wouldn't want to carry much more anyways.

I had to knock together a new driveshaft for it, apparently the splines on the slip I used were kinda pooched. Felt ok, but there must've just been some hardened grease creating the illusion, and it was the only long one I had so I probably wanted it to be ok. :rolleyes:

I got it pretty straight on the big lathe, but I haven't tried to balance it. I probably should but it's a bit of a sketchy proposition however you do it.

Looks good; I'm glad you built this thing with work in mind and are putting it to use already. "quarantine beer bell", I'm going to have to remember that one! Haha.

Here is an odd-assed version of your truck. I think your box looks miles better

Thanks, having used mine a bit now I'm sooo glad I didn't pay a fortune for a cut down 75 box, which that kinda looks like.

His dimensions definitely look close to what I did tho.

I moved another load of wood today, being able to fold down the sides isn't something I think I'll ever be without again. It is sooo much better than the north american style box it's not even funny. There's no comparison to how easy unloading is.

Mines about 5.5' square, so if I pile it 2' deep it's just shy of a half cord of wood, but I didn't build it to be a firewood truck, I just happen to have a couple logs to process out back.

Looks good; I'm glad you built this thing with work in mind and are putting it to use already. "quarantine beer bell", I'm going to have to remember that one! Haha.

Yeah I don't resemble that remark at all...:beer:

I wanted this thing to be useful. Kinda why I love cruisers. I picked up a 1000lbs of pellets with the 61 over the winter. Wasn't really a big deal. Tell me another station wagon that gets 30mpg on a good day and can do that? :hillbilly:

Green truck drives way better now with the new driveshaft, enough so that the thought of a turbo is starting to cross my mind. :grinpimp:

Might try to build a dash box first tho.

And back to the firewood, I suspect I'm low on my weight guess. Moved another 1/2 cord, and son of a motherless goat was that s*** heavy.

Another way to guess would be how many pieces, because every single one had to weigh close to 20lbs. :bang:

Last edited:
Yeah I don't resemble that remark at all...:beer:

I wanted this thing to be useful. Kinda why I love cruisers. I picked up a 1000lbs of pellets with the 61 over the winter. Wasn't really a big deal. Tell me another station wagon that gets 30mpg on a good day and can do that? :hillbilly:

Green truck drives way better now with the new driveshaft, enough so that the thought of a turbo is starting to cross my mind. :grinpimp:

Might try to build a dash box first tho.

And back to the firewood, I suspect I'm low on my weight guess. Moved another 1/2 cord, and son of a motherless goat was that s*** heavy.

Another way to guess would be how many pieces, because every single one had to weigh close to 20lbs. :bang:

I'm a pretty firm believer in using a cruiser for what it's made for; or in my case, beyond what it's made for. :D And yeah, hard to beat driving something that weighs 5000-6000lbs but gets the economy of a mid-sized modern car. I've thought about a pick-up truck a number of times now, but nothing in my price range will provide the mpg I get with the LJ - especially in heavy city traffic.

I'm a pretty firm believer in using a cruiser for what it's made for; or in my case, beyond what it's made for. :D And yeah, hard to beat driving something that weighs 5000-6000lbs but gets the economy of a mid-sized modern car. I've thought about a pick-up truck a number of times now, but nothing in my price range will provide the mpg I get with the LJ - especially in heavy city traffic.

I've had that same debate with myself for a couple years about the 61. With the back seats down, it's basically the same size as a short box taco with a canopy. Maybe even bigger inside, and with considerably better mileage.

Not exactly kind to the interior tho...and it's the reason for one of my windshield cracks. ( long ass wrought iron fence. I didn't account for it doing the wave and inchworming forward into the glass. :doh: :lol: )

I should really order a set of those cordura seat covers for it to keep it from getting any s***tier.

Princess auto had that same lumber rack I put on the 40 on sale for under 200 bucks. Was tempted to get another one and modify it into a rack on the 61...

But, the quarantine retail therapy needed a day off. :p

I've had that same debate with myself for a couple years about the 61. With the back seats down, it's basically the same size as a short box taco with a canopy. Maybe even bigger inside, and with considerably better mileage.

Not exactly kind to the interior tho...and it's the reason for one of my windshield cracks. ( long ass wrought iron fence. I didn't account for it doing the wave and inchworming forward into the glass. :doh: :lol: )

I should really order a set of those cordura seat covers for it to keep it from getting any s***tier.

Princess auto had that same lumber rack I put on the 40 on sale for under 200 bucks. Was tempted to get another one and modify it into a rack on the 61...

But, the quarantine retail therapy needed a day off. :p

Or just use a utility trailer. They're super cheap to insure, and save beating on the interior of your cruiser. Trailers can be a lot easier to use than a pick-up bed anyhow. Lower bed, usually more room, can have a ramp, only have to haul it when you need it...etc. I think even if I bought a truck I'd still use my trailer....

Or just use a utility trailer. They're super cheap to insure, and save beating on the interior of your cruiser. Trailers can be a lot easier to use than a pick-up bed anyhow. Lower bed, usually more room, can have a ramp, only have to haul it when you need it...etc. I think even if I bought a truck I'd still use my trailer....
yeah I have a s***ty little 4x8 that I use for dirt and gravel and general junk.

It's the lumber I tend to pick up on way home from work that beats up the cruiser.

Lumber yard guys are always shocked when I pick up 12 footers and they barely stick out past the spare tire. :hillbilly:

yeah I have a s***ty little 4x8 that I use for dirt and gravel and general junk.

It's the lumber I tend to pick up on way home from work that beats up the cruiser.

Lumber yard guys are always shocked when I pick up 12 footers and they barely stick out past the spare tire. :hillbilly:

Yeah, I usually end up putting that sort of thing on/in the cruiser too. I've been meaning to make some sort of rack for my trailer so I can exceed either end. Partly to get a canoe on too, as my canoe is heavy gauge aluminum and heavy as heck. Darn near break something in my body everytime I put it on/off the cruiser.

Loaded to the gunnels for a recent fence project. This wood was actually wet; heavy load....

IMG_20200319_121809440_HDR.jpg

Something I've wanted for probably 20 years, but could never bring myself to pay for one.

More opportunities for head trauma if I ever crash this thing.

A7hQpUzOugr29U6lh0mGXXb-BFEWpivUVrJlRRgzB_6SsUDyO5LGcQjU1PZksnzuu5EST2MNSrWcRcsM0I-RsxDJSnYAdOMBTwluP5QEPqRgMNYwqfKOBPHq9fWT_3Sk63A9qSEYUxXdGXU9TOG7qIlOhjAxj2DmI58JU9nb_w0RxDCae6k_9k7dCDl9bUv-AVM0yI8sWs8IKrCxlXFn-2lt0oFduAAmS0ApQP9CJ09E_wVmMdcWCg2HtWCNqx3L-6O6O-DXbsek7gJBbP2pFLHKJnijzhL5As-VuB1bTdTwIKPLe50G6oNTRg04gF1EdSCKlHfQZtr1hGMRYg2g0xw08AOvuU6LzFXx-X1eHFHAe7pP7CE0Z03xd6nmwDxlCn6HiJdhzTvCafhojvGNXvZ1snpKBtp3hM7XNk_54kUnC8FgKBXP0axlIW_Pa-SsX_1FZBzkCZ5VqSGK7LcYjArB0ZogBY8e05NWxndy4ln1WrbBLWvClziD8MMrEVIrrXTAKjjLI03rE1HOwNXRC3nOA48iTR7SOT16QtvwgaYNgbT5Sdyk04gc4azj8Jn-9K4IW-vsp-lW6Qxesh6CBKXED-Xy8TFMpxHm2PbmPyecT76BBzrDwmRRNH3h2X1qR581PPBcnd96epEiP3vPrTqPQBE4wWdSlkPuvI7DF3de-M2VNAj6UTd3xmN0_w=w834-h625-no

This was a total pain in the ass to bend because the bottom two are too close together for my brake. Required some ****ery.

aDC18it-eqzVD-zxf272m1AAIht_tx1JbLvlqhb1ZvS3P91tZLYNmuKizpkAX8LDoHmiSCAGhn4nsq8LjQAs0CBkMFCIb-64qkAPnSD68SABFrSkX8uGHmbXh2dwq-Gb8wFBgAmwNke2540sfKM7NU_Dw0RM8CVEJ0KlkenqG6SZJt-UnxAWYIPn7jRyaIbLMDJAvfyK392iY99XK4Zvdeu5tu-C3QoXyxPlOL4cKh82vuyvToSx2HkcqQ3ARMaZ4cqkE-AhLbHLn341N7VsE2Q0HRe5VKZSEKNR73dtDVf5wAgD3s44Yzn-Z_fWQJ_RfmZFyti1B7VX0ZGHgUNvFLLg8sWamhrCtYBujPv50gVV7lkjLadALhQ_sMCaeMh26yOcfCQh8D5fPEvKtLpidCf-Rk-NJh6BKQMxSDDuOLB-WFdj9n9UBNO6htU0HMKaWlfAw9ZrVNWaLT4IECxJc7tyMqXuAl9k5MeIiMBnzI235dOqFjkJQl5juBNk3Rwc7T5FljZCPPvJQ7mFxmnNckdmaMcZ_indP5leCYXsZIVgk6sf878vSjzwPHiNZUoSSNJjEAGzoKbrmtkiL5ksDcRc8cOIL2CTVnpUcyH3VqLyg3fWcl-cbRqUgx0oNnnLWAAuFkEsdP61m7bAnCyzbf98V36ZjkbtZfR6VSIq0qKFHIikz5_Peeoo1QUwSA=w834-h625-no

Those curvy bits were a cnut to fit...I can see why they cost 500 bucks. :lol:

bKkrZ7o1TaVFNus2dX5Oe4p3OBZznY0QmbZaaIPuSTC3_FkM1SAGS3juA-e-2fMXAk2hDwO1cFft9fpC4fJyflrjptcv7QTgV30vqOhcwb-3NY0RT4k5xnL18o4gx9O2QE_M9xJzcC-r3M_XHP4vAgtga5p5GdV2mX1EXBEXrByQsUeKdKI5Mx1jtQW71C-6ISc057u1esqKm_6zkWzrJfJJV-9qZxDnIVOO2E_s0MlCTeRvb7Z426Y_yGqWIWEV4bW2jx6nMXmp7aNYTsm0rSEmihP33aTorsjXHMNzJOjjsS3SUAwn4ObgMp_5RAMGD_HtlUz3VlyF_Np7TGgiZQrBsgtyOyKfIfrl7TpU2sR0dBKNGk5JbH9tTOdksRrgTbQJjMi2z2e2GxBcvg4JaAhKQw2Gs4kYMd6LHHxlKBIHp_8XkQ4caH5yqWORJJ3ms_HzCoqDaLsFqNIYX2CAGwPAWMB7uTOMfl3Scd7vW0fSwCLKzf5Ud-gyREgZYMA9EA6Idr3tFrNynTnYEPhC9j8SXWfZP4FLc6p1t2jqFTUXmZSTTuXctuRjVB48-rJhJ5Yolm0zKnt-noKpMDO7ARgYkezIv-oX271wqUyDMb1MxY3uj2XPwdf-b8-sOPcgVEBz6qD1vBrL29k_aL6-fxXCdX_bIIg5sswv_hJEJDa8WN1kdQWYCyn4WbtWbw=w834-h625-no

They don't normally have those tabs to the windshield latches, but it makes it a fair bit stiffer. The mounting holes they use are near the bottom of the box, so there's lots of leverage. I'm hoping I can stealthily mount my pyro in this thing, although I'm kindof enjoying the lack of wires and complications in this truck.

Current plan is to just use a bit of fir for a lid rather than more sheet metal, and maybe see if I can get a handle cut in on the passenger side that'll line up with the factory holes in the dash, but that's a tomorrow thing.

Dashing.

Added a holy s*** handle for swmbo to help with the climb in.

Something to do with a hint of hostility about my general lack of grab handles. :lol:

I think I'm going to see if I can find a piece of black starboard for the top, so the fir works as a template if nothing else.

Failing that, I have enough of the faux black car vinyl kicking around to wrap it, and fool people into thinking it's padded. :hillbilly:

kW8zaeAT_pS6y2bJDihB20Vegtw2x0tvq6h7BczMSQY0tGnIC7-8LBL0eh9SgQNN_zO_CsdC4ORhjaab49L8IWP5KQiLtZXaxP0eqFQ9_epeX7FRI5ctLnCX_B8TtaZ5AjPKMIEKOcN81-PaLtLZkKZ9Es0MHaL9hSw9q8d-qMqwymxLl_5iTqSM1EO5KyDRk8GHVD9tM9YGYrvFn2__Bksxq3zQlBlkKjMeRl7MAIBG-oi3C433D8hSWaG59k9JoKw4nGa1Y5s0ElaGtvjC2ZNCl_V4N8hCQF0v0JVjIJDRwATiavLk7jJfGlAW2OYHy0TmrBZSq1QpuU09sr4WcttVzsmhqOcPNby_lzPMGl_EuxOfGD1M7erLLCl4ijvAIT5wuPd6A6BUxWmA_5qNAM16g-IJvdiEsyUS1v3cX2a9Q_cEftFxCULTUzNB9DpmFRSyas1N2nWG7SGl_5SnC-BE57O2qDgEuxDJfXgmX9g_PntwresIEhOFa1l3e-UYfO9OeKfvffCV6kWAt_GA2Wr07NGIrSt9__31m2CjOtRf-MN8HTzi_xyUX-NqpFPx0RzjJen2hCJaqASsWQupXX4QzRKtd2TqltUB7J32Hnz1qVlU0xxFf_EmzZPbygx0SuuCiQ43oXqx9UXpz4cBo6YJ7X7e8Co9zSpt8_QeA5vHfSU9d2QgFZywCLgZWA=w469-h625-no

WMlg1arD511bj8ccSBUv_Lc4b70BgZNYWmVY00t1HXtQZI7dn_KHECs5zyXevgKhZDHXdhq_q30-yEq9Rp9NR1ZylQBfmDzaNvPSdpyg8q9lPsZmDa1owAU8OnJ5x1t4bGoQmj4rFAamMBvcM3Lzp0bszgdpbs1P6WkTx1E0L_Rci3Pc7h22yvLaR9z5sxkq0h-HbPFhRJVXlRHisfda3pSTcEJsArYxnICv5UVwafrrvYvLeR2gYHvOhmk7dqZtX7JRE4fDtHu5OrvjWRfwL28hNAxqcwZoUUVMFLh5bzYhTMx3RkKLAWJxQIAklC1_NpVJFTQmDuYNRz1XYPaCzbU5YktPCZ425ytA5QvQkIeRX93UfQLuD8Oi7TDa_NuxbYSn2ugLG-zKvhWXEmY32z2mK5mg9K3Cz2gk3kyfRxdyrmyNYE27aiTjWbUoBcYsosMsVlZYmpG-DAHZ5awQrGSnY3F2YjlzPd0aFEvfrD3f1ZHZ75La7xSeVS8Y3j0lCCANoHr3maJTXQRRzQIQ8G-wCFddfIBgUzVICjWC9RsY7Eg3LVOWKpbgwXGjxaikvOX1OkhJnyE6MNLm6L7e5PzOAtPNOl9L-gFvXshbTUPUvhqQ3Ph4FsJeRVivMr2loX-eg5zGUqIaqtNUDtZ03pZvnKVcNaHa61vuX6k8Np9x_yLwiDYMZ_lQgqV_RQ=w469-h625-no

Fir is just sitting there because I don't have any hinges. I need to figure out a trick to make them easily.

Maybe a bolt with a slot cut in it I could use to twist the end of a strip of sheet metal. :hmm:

Made a little hinge benderator, because I hate buying hinges.

They never have the exact type you want and they're expensive for crap.

I made this little shoe whizjammer to wrap them. Put the rod off centre in the lathe to make it, I think my rationale was that it would make that half moon bit a little beefier, but it was one of those 3am at work ideas, so I don't really remember anymore, and there was probably an easier way to do it. :lol:

The shoe doesn't work as well as I'd hoped, but it's not bad for getting the metal around the "corner" so to speak without having to use too much hammer.

gLu61wdc4JaApDNvLTEqX_FmtKbIlkOMuwEVeIUFlubuOfnNP73vKbYYSeH5oYeymriK0EtHhlKoftA29mLTJf2mT1E758Ut4KHUHs2MxVVkcveE9-05J4NMy9Tzgo6bjq9vnDld_gEqXy9KQQg1HM0B4cr978V207R2cwLSdDSEVnvtaV7NCUxwf7DNQS12FvkNnHqfqtN4oq2hpZYYVjtuRs69VWiPQbl4Dk1fV-v62aVmC-yH8pRfys-FgC0yNUns_WUqTemjzDE_IG46eSD8_PwsH-K5kku9fcKqU_UGVOvSk7MRC2a8SXZ2oL6sjwknv1pjqdWfJnRXdUQrDSfjV9CzH2KA_AcJt0SdXVpOwydAJHpCuJhd6ggA8pIbgxB3VtsL8WkWnfmYf9wNn0mBPqJX3Jv0mPzwI3b3lquVUB-eQ1AEHL_TMnS3xbXvTWlZYRdo_A1cBCx5LF-zXainLcxEVOhiWUtPAiHCm0YQKvjjxtLsoArDHWT1so2s5yPptD-bPkoWn5HI7VmLR4y0XMFWOTrjP-MZL0YPEUwv1yv2HtpqwAkJLd_F1vKFLE6ywWkBzCr2GvwxPqJmE6nxhRJDJE0ywM_29bWJVnKY4O8OMx3aZuiMFHlaN0b64GOGuK264qzxWc7xaBGhblAA5Ut0Qf2qn54FcP-7ts-al6_nIElU4kCoNNxdIA=w469-h625-no

Then the flat jaw pliers help to close up the gap.

Hardest part was figuring out the length needed to get them to wrap fully...

xknEoFoZ3Dv_yrle0LIcNnxHKu6lIo7nytHd4ZEOSrb9VR3NNzsmcn6x5hMPif6K6KGtl9KfDLuuxommLdD5Vf2mYxVbYxgN7Eqso2T4dkZxG2KSBIEY5QEwocLgot7fJwpjhMyxUZz83BHYlNKTSS6LeC3yNDTfhSi2zyfPhHo61db6UckH2OMDtj2muweeJTvDZQuJ9C5xToXUXZ1TLqVpO1hUjqVsiGJwcxt_Etn0lDti1uqE7GjOX0SV0LdSFwJjB36UgLn2EastgTgAtIws3ZLqJkscQ3K8G9IAPQBKShke9yHhRxghOgg88yj-7s2Exg8kD0YaQV8lYyvGc7DWXmn0wm351ZZj4udyLBe0KAn6Akavbri0hBfjW-AicZZxoh5m4EgnTQ8YTfHWK0oEiT6IITnMkYmyzEGaIN2oAdu2tMmiRaaEs-eV_hVs30TuV53yqBMulnZtvT1_7EaKrCKUwx-hayHpJ4UKdAKNSJKyqGbjUvpV2JugDSyiWUGG5HxBxakOq2NS4zH80Nhl8w8ny8B7InpRqh5ytZIvjXlmu_xE56zVDRK3vtvtpNCbjAe3erUV5PHf7Z0xfT7yL0nVhiq1T5R3p6FTbM9040BTGmTlNmBPfLwpr4zG6m9urdkz7MgZfj42e9AK5WczBvQZCoSl1bJGsVzDxiCddirmmffRpxCVT8UdZA=w469-h625-no

Half hour later, I've managed to avoid going to the hardware store again.

RpFoXJuAyN8pThGyQRNHR7fmOpVm9tQxLBuTmCSs20VPgSlJ0hDzopLtpA578Eml5tvWffCx0g1rmDnPadlrW7TkwJY_Xt2RFmDDODw48cw-gYlyaMgMrLX1vN982fLlBny1V2Tn3Zu7qX3BPTG3YXblSHXqUKUoDfBF6BSJeFFPbFvFGdktNVhUf-hd7ilASQXNzI8qKBdyukQ3obP4FQWEHKIxDUh-x-mtUsyaA9PVMDWshRFbamG1bLvykV5YMYRT64lUy6SfwMP0fNtVyfLUS8Sg3aAZqXk9PQRr-cYdm9x8xEzesAC4cNg2umXpbLtJ8OW9AIOQSw_Q1usXG8Zz6hqA3XRM0IT-mqEe7ut7kwhDZJ7vw59ZfWSYJ0Cdq0UyOsotHjavQN1sS3QJlNgWFeCc7gdvr1EFPi8_TKjE4B3PlG2oH_gd_rRHcMrReTbDWpGK58iWhvtv0kcMZnAQxO4PzGDH9x7R-gRpP4s3WTXroZBHz9mBzw10ljOVqiq9ehKnhCSv-7SXltG1T-bAUCZ_bzaYqf-roDy34YvNjAZGu4zF0cWR5JRYvHzZ6gFXc0DlwfsjzXt2I92jmDT3f9xlNZzXNhUy5dLcJZbtjE7e9y9gkPO5akoUTrUTPHz-XqKFVThgzhh-Nybwh9g9Hx-oo5B91wLlp861XObwmEjfVVdoV0n8CF7UVg=w469-h625-no

Think I'm just going to make them "lift off" style with a pin tacked into one side.

Cutting the square notches to have them be standard is a pain in the ass, and that last glass of wine I had last night has me not excited about listening to a grinder...:lol:

That looks like Stainless Steel.... nice.

Speaking of the bandsaw, my bandsaw blade split at the weld the other day. I busted out the tig and re-welded it. It worked for a bit then split again. I then welded it again and added some stainless filler rod. It seems to be holding. Oh the cheapness.

New one on order just in case.

That looks like Stainless Steel.... nice.

Speaking of the bandsaw, my bandsaw blade split at the weld the other day. I busted out the tig and re-welded it. It worked for a bit then split again. I then welded it again and added some stainless filler rod. It seems to be holding. Oh the cheapness.

New one on order just in case.
Bandsaw blades breaking when they still have teeth is annoying. Mine is the cheapest s***tiest Chinese one made. Power fist p.a. special, after 15 years of my standard savage abuse it still works, but it probably breaks more blades because of it.
Might be the one tool that I'll gladly go buy a better one the day after it finally dies.

I'm becoming quite anti zip disc lately.

The hinges are stainless but its only 50% cheapness that I made them.

It's hard to even buy decent hinges. Have to go to a chandlery and then they're chromed brass shyte and cost 20 bucks a pair. If you can even find the right profile.

Speaking of Tig and stainless, I have a bunch of stuff for you next time you're up this way.

Box of random fancy pants welder stuff that's far too advanced for my "pull trigger melt s***" skillset.

Couldn't find a piece of starboard the right size in the offcuts bin at work, and the Plastic shop is still in full covid mode.

They do everything by phone and you pick up your stuff at the loading dock. Kindof a pain in the ass.

So, ****it. I just did the vinyl wrap thing.

Don't know if I'll bother making it lock. Maybe just a couple stud catches to hold it shut.

Depends what I find. Not the kind of thing I'd make a special trip out for in the current climate.:meh:

At least I don't have to take the ****ing thing off again. Those little metric dash pad screws are annoying.
IMG_20200612_150851.jpg

Had thought of putting my pyro in, it's a really nice isspro, but it's a 3" body.

So far, everywhere I've test fit it it's given off that "douchebag with the giant tach mounted on the dash of his Honda Civic" vibe.

Halfway tempted to pickup another Auber, and mount it inside, then just put a discreet little flashing led somewhere to warn when max temp is reached.

Trouble is, with my history with Auber , they may not sell to me directly if the same person works the emails :lol:

I’m getting old and slow. I don’t think I’m going to turbo 60.. maybe I will change my mind again.. I have a new pyro I had installed In my 42 for less than a year but changed it out for a matching gauge cluster. For you a case of beer.
08AA2785-EBED-4B15-8DF4-2C34AB8D46F3.jpeg

Or a 60 series stock 15 inch rim I’m looking for one. It’s going to get blasted and painted so it doesn’t have to be perfect

Exciting update... :moon:

Speedo cable broke the other day, probably because the one I was using from the bj60 was just barely long enough, so the route had a pretty sharp bend just before the cluster. Made it a bitch to get the cluster out, but it was the only way it would reach. Much like using a 4 speed cable in a 5 speed converted 40.

Found a replacement deep in the amazon. The comments were mostly ih8mud names I recognized saying it fit fj40.

Helpfully neither the ad nor the comments mentioned the actual ****ing length so I had to google it but, it ends up being a foot longer than the bj60 one so I can route it through the proper firewall hole and have nice fair curves and not kinks. 75" or so.

Greased the s*** out of it before putting it in because it seemed pretty dry.

Anyways, way easier to get the cluster in and out now. Had to cram a hand in behind before as I put it in to try to connect it, which usually resulted in bleeding and profanity.

eUKwp0v6TLm4qVwp08jt_23d_1OwYbmLcTDpelh_PjkbpW4AIWF6UwkCZpWjRXKt4s96aHLEQXFHbOI7e_hWW5gy87nlEpGVQ0c5wCBHkMLjh362nE6ZMJ3G6h9-Qqv5svC3J19NGz18lrUM2jDZq1_XQ6D0grVa1A-SX2Sx8s8lH9JxGg1Dv-tZhgxKd2qRtYGvuOrzvMb1zeVsZvZLps0dhPp-AxT1SKdIqXvGgLOtocLdVakcOaSuNzOfSOuW8FTZU1alvK9OgwVt6UpEmj4mBG-o13F6sgM8J_ym93OUNmtXW1zowXHg11yOXtx-iG6P62MQyzhAW1_3uswlsR4jk8nRsZsZeZ2l1tGOsrkZw0Epsbed4BLCwGOMBwcGqKcEg9B_C8DPAdSOPQmTfONQFtflfrV7Gh8N4s_rza2A_tPW50PmZD0W13jPoR08Fh9V0FRWqhvqa0ykdOPkxB746ASiCoLzFoObde3nMEDjDj2APhfelDCJGm2D2o66NLRLKP6-oUVWmON_CEBUXGydAu6fQejjkcm_Ld2xCqiH5C2JgPiAuRZvAW0oa3wvyW7g9rKNI4KqTZY2DIfyzXecsvR19PRIpU-Pf3Sk2OpdxtQS6ZG2yGYaWIoqn_jI8e3zVMmgnuB22kI1AQ8GKzTzvwgblfdIGaxga6KH3_HCiw2j7R8DChcl5vB88A=w469-h625-no

Amazon product ASIN B000C8RDAA

Kinda funny, I searched back for my mootard build thread a decade ago to see if the pictures still existed, last few posts were Cam and I joking about putting little old ladies to work sewing s*** for our trucks.

Well, the lady in question is older and littler now, but she still has the old Sailrite machine.

Still amuses me to call it a Tranny Hump Saddle. I haven't googled to see if it's patented... :lol:

Cut up an old wetsuit for padding so it actually makes a bit of a difference to the noise. Always a bit of a struggle holding her back from going too bling and fancy, but a few weeks in the grease and smoke will have it blending in a bit better. :p

9efoQA0T7xWxxuKwG28QJ-21XkcPsTWxB3TR57SHQOttCK9sEbCVrZQf9iP4OGWtgiU0KwE-Gbb46Vkl2gs6guFRadjybIYj1IqOlaRn41UEJGELG3Tg_Q1NzUNeIW4kxoZUSn2ox6009KDvAkka5bVNXi8yt5JBD45fA6HcHEbPDD3AyVpld2gAZRLecREr8lxHZoZW1PQqnvrmnvy6kksZoYGWN0jzf4eHGfB4b1drusvN4Pp9Sj7Lp2r7vidmfgprrCV3K3R9DEFK2DehBwSlGZw1nGBbBDHDXEAHENXjfSdCVUb3R6A5z4TQSca04qUwqiGxZBIDIt8zlZMVFORCZZvkrkmml24pHPYsy5ZYo0oQVztlz3iGH66iaLaamnocaG_jnJp4fpepASlovm_bVgENQf5VPQCECM3ulWrPzoMMoK9Z1zgH_lMn0l2SXUz3btxVIWl6zoa4jRI6vrntJvVt0eCGBW8FKYO8ijrqZYUMyfJmq4T9uwNk5EiPh74Xm4xrg48vzWAeulGzdeUhkO5USavOFq28-TBg3eDD14kaCGmBuQ3R98K9v_3eanKrY5Znd9ekXfMWIMSYJYnLM-Q44Z38tA9SyeL9kUpMlVGq26Kwo6617zEycjms37OBGj8w1_dtvLwdIAujwegihe2NCMXLL3rbu_ZsmT7e7DZPzomxKoOms7SX4w=w834-h625-no
lqL2qTqxFCtREhdYOEjZudtTuahzJ5fI00MQuuRANPMxmoIHYD7koIWuFCLhiAHaXco62sIs1itmMQPnxMJT69I3Ed2iz1996-aRS3c40aUBjpMGZHbQtL7IjDq8VePkpQO6ZBHdKCvQLAc5vT51_55npmkxHSjEKI49VIa5GQMx0wqixV16JMDh1hRus9pzzQRthNTZ8s7hIKKcLzN_I9MGy44YHYva4Pz-4FTFIkAvhdz_sCjvykHSZU9W0gJ5LffJ6wMIMHyh8UJw0FOBGGJQcPvAalPdlP7_L0RFWpCQuuvq2Cfy77qq-6QNGhkOyakFtaiCccSnRihmIytAjCOkOuM3RN4q8fBASeq0Kiw5fvmVj7C8dBUFmIkHE83JvsWtUSYZBRVrcPI5an-WjzQRyKcKa8bF6CUStsF_Dpf3a_cpaN_YYhntul03M_UX8IG5ACmW0OtYujEx_m_s8lVlSrQtLNq6Ub3jVvTsuI-Vp4z2fyS1mcLByX7K9BESgLzDO8FDCytOUFZ8tYuxmYiCw8IRzHvEsygAD0H_xG4czhDnzz8GFmqrftR5nyzHPealy-pigC-Z-L_GDIYNdDL7I5Fz2BwMkGk-lNjBbWaEJ1dbWsrz8z-4IqWg_FKxQY5lKFzH0gmzkOKBChggVgjKLKHDDoUzzgWTED_fcwVqX5yuQPtGfHBBu12kwQ=w469-h625-no

And on the less cosmetic end of things...still have my shimmy.

It's reduced but still there. :hmm: I haven't tried the obvious thing of rotating tires yet. That'll be next.

Tranny Hump Saddle - a decade later and that takes on a whole new meaning!
But I like it, actually a cool design and practical pouch on it too. I’d like to build
some kind of the same idea for the shifter area on the 60. But I think rigid, with
trays and power outlets kind of thing. Somewhere to put a coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom