CUSTOM BUMPERS FOR SALE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If there's ever been a teaser photo...this would be it! Can't wait to see that exact same pallet arrive at my shop. . .woot woot.

Questions related to the old vs. new:

Can you take a few 'from the side' pictures of both to compare?

You stated that your 60 has a frame lift and thus the bumpers sit a little lower than they would on a non-body lifted 60. Since I like the way the old bumper sits on the truck, would it be safe to assume that the new style would sit like the old style on a non-body lifted 60? What I mean - would the new style sit on a non-body lifted 60 like the old style sits on your body lifted 60?

Also - go a price on powder coating today: $175 - $200 per piece, including marine grade zinc primer. Does that sound about right?

Thanks so much-

Shane

With the side protection, you'd never notice the +/-1/2" in question, IMO... Also the 45 degree brake on the new shell from the side will pull away from the look of the panel protection, IMO.

Here is a pic of Mike's from the side on a stock body height.

J

1414195793415-jpg.957620

1414283092242-jpg.958019

1414513819711-jpg.959048

ON MY RIG

P1040944.JPG

P1040955.JPG

J-

Agreed 100% - you're the artist, so have fun and can't wait to see the final product.

shane

Hello Jason,

I have a 79 FJ40 and was wondering if you'd be interested in making a one off for the drivers side rear barn door type of stay. I can't seem
to find this anywhere. The issue if the drivers rear barn door doesn't want to stay or it squeaks. Most of the barns doors (like mine) have been refurbished and the factory stays are long gone, cut off or missing. I found this on a fellas cruiser from overseas and looks like this type of stay
with it holding on the top and bottom of the cruiser would work well. Let me know if your interested I would be willing to pay some R&D if you think you can make it.

Thanks Hoz

fj40 rear barn door stay.jpg

Hello Jason,

I have a 79 FJ40 and was wondering if you'd be interested in making a one off for the drivers side rear barn door type of stay. I can't seem
to find this anywhere. The issue if the drivers rear barn door doesn't want to stay or it squeaks. Most of the barns doors (like mine) have been refurbished and the factory stays are long gone, cut off or missing. I found this on a fellas cruiser from overseas and looks like this type of stay
with it holding on the top and bottom of the cruiser would work well. Let me know if your interested I would be willing to pay some R&D if you think you can make it.

Thanks Hoz

PM incoming, more info needed..

J

Jason-

Man, the bumper looks incredible. . .and so tight against the body of the 60. Great work and thank you for the update (read: teaser pics). Send you an email earlier tonight from my phone - wasn't really able to see the pics in detail...when I opened on my computer, I was like, "Get the <bleep> out of here". Wish I was bolting those babies to the 60 tonight.

Talk to you soon-

Shane

Jason-

Man, the bumper looks incredible. . .and so tight against the body of the 60. Great work and thank you for the update (read: teaser pics). Send you an email earlier tonight from my phone - wasn't really able to see the pics in detail...when I opened on my computer, I was like, "Get the <bleep> out of here". Wish I was bolting those babies to the 60 tonight.

Talk to you soon-

Shane

Thanks Shane, I got the 1/4s done today..

J

P1060389.JPG
P1060395.JPG
P1060396.JPG
P1060403.JPG
P1060404.JPG

Jason-

They look great, man. One question - is there anyway to increase the angle on the 1/4 protection (going toward the rear tire)? A slight increase - not sure if it's my aging eyes but it seems/appears a little 'skinny' in relation to the 60 itself/mass of the rear bumper (based on a recall of the previous 1/4 panel i saw/u built). Again - I'm not the artist here. . .just a novice with aging eyes and aspirations, lol.

Shane

Jason-

They look great, man. One question - is there anyway to increase the angle on the 1/4 protection (going toward the rear tire)? A slight increase - not sure if it's my aging eyes but it seems/appears a little 'skinny' in relation to the 60 itself/mass of the rear bumper (based on a recall of the previous 1/4 panel i saw/u built). Again - I'm not the artist here. . .just a novice with aging eyes and aspirations, lol.

Shane

Shane, this is exactly the same as the other one (Mike's) that I built.. No difference, other than yours comes further toward the wheel opening than Mike's did and is about 1 1/2" tighter to the body. Metal dimensions/angles are the same..

J

What is the price for front and rear bumpers. Shipped to 52405. Thanks

Jason-

I really appreciate the consult and letting me bounce ideas - however ridiculous they may have been, lol. I'm totally stoked about the builds and can't wait to see the rear as a finished product...should be very unique and way kewl.

Enjoy the weekend, don't work to hard. If I go missing over the weekend, my last known contact will be 'BENO'...something about a 3-fingered uncle, an outstanding order, and 'fah-get-about-it' in the background, lol.

Shane

ps - was telling my friend about the build and he was like, "...****, just add a smoke/slick dump and you'll be all 007'd out", lol.

Jason-

I really appreciate the consult and letting me bounce ideas - however ridiculous they may have been, lol. I'm totally stoked about the builds and can't wait to see the rear as a finished product...should be very unique and way kewl.

Enjoy the weekend, don't work to hard. If I go missing over the weekend, my last known contact will be 'BENO'...something about a 3-fingered uncle, an outstanding order, and 'fah-get-about-it' in the background, lol.

Shane

ps - was telling my friend about the build and he was like, "...****, just add a smoke/slick dump and you'll be all 007'd out", lol.

Tell O, I said hello and no worries on the consulting, all part of it... The one will definitely set the aesthetics of your armor apart from others I've built for sure..I got an email and the pieces (ALL 50) should be here next week sometime and then I'll add on when I have some free time..

Have fun and be careful,

J

Jason-

Quick question: How's the 60 carpet kits coming along? If they are in production, would it be possible to substitute - if I ordered and shipped it to you - a specific carpet I want to use? Is there a different thread for 'carpet' discussion?

Thanks, man-

Shane

Tell O, I said hello and no worries on the consulting, all part of it... The one will definitely set the aesthetics of your armor apart from others I've built for sure..I got an email and the pieces (ALL 50) should be here next week sometime and then I'll add on when I have some free time..

Have fun and be careful,

J

I totally agree with you and can't wait to see what she looks like. Take your time...I went and picked up the door panels/qtr panels from storage and will start the design process tomorrow. Looking forward to the sliders and the winning lottery ticket =)

Mel's calling me for din-din. . .yummy!

Shane

Jason-

Quick question: How's the 60 carpet kits coming along? If they are in production, would it be possible to substitute - if I ordered and shipped it to you - a specific carpet I want to use? Is there a different thread for 'carpet' discussion?

Thanks, man-

Shane

I'm not doing anything with the carpets right now. My lady is awesome, but I can't get a firm time commitment from her... She is EXTREMELY HIT OR MISS!

I am talking with other people now about sewing kits for me.

J

I totally agree with you and can't wait to see what she looks like. Take your time...I went and picked up the door panels/qtr panels from storage and will start the design process tomorrow. Looking forward to the sliders and the winning lottery ticket =)

Mel's calling me for din-din. . .yummy!

Shane

Tell her hello and have her slap you around a bit for me... HA!

Cheers,

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom