Cruisin Off Road Sliders install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I'd post this to the general 80's page from our Keystone Cruisers page. The difference from the others is the mounting system, no random U bolt's. The sliders come with a bracket that slides over your frame, the bracket is actually welded on and part of the slider it's self, so VERY strong. You just slide the bracket over your frame and install one bolt (that's supplied).

Everything lined up well, one of the bolts was really tough to get on because it's right around the gas tank skid plate/cover, but if you hold the nut with a needle nose vise grip, you can tighten no problem, it was just figuring out the right tool.

Keystone Cruisers club ordered about 6 sets of these and a couple of people ordered skid plates (I did not yet). The cost is in Canadian dollars, so they are affordable, if you pay him in a check instead of Paypal, you save even more money. He ships, I don't know the standard rates, but I introduced him to Fastenal!!! lol, so our shipping was only like $150 ish. Great deal.

They come standard with square ends, I thought it would be better to have them tapered. Instead of the leading edge ramming a bolder/rock, it should slide over better. Jason said he had no problem doing that for me. So leading and trialing angles are tapered on mine, but that's not stock. If you want that, you need to mention it.

I've not wheeled with them yet, that will be on the 10th and I'll report back. But thickness, paint, welds, install and supplied hardware have all been great. Here are some pictures on my 91.
20170602_070640-jpg.1471273

20170602_070629-jpg.1471272

Cat cover below

20170602_070652-jpg.1471274

Cruisin Off Road - Your source for quality expedition gear

Last edited:
+1 on the quality of the Cruisin Offroad skid plates and rock sliders!

The slider mounting scheme was part of my motivation for buying these. Also, the skid plates bolt on to existing captive nuts in the frame. I was feeling super anal and replaced all the fasteners that Jason provided with JIS spec fasteners from BelMetric.

Could you snag a couple photos down the side of the truck and perhaps looking down with the front and back door open? Trying to get a feel for how far these stick out. Thank you.

Those look pretty dope. I have some white knuckles I popped on; I'm not sure if there's any legit reason I can hate on the u-bolts but stuff that goes into existing frame slots seems cleaner for sure. The white knuckles go into the frame around the cat, but otherwise it's the u-bolts.

Could you snag a couple photos down the side of the truck and perhaps looking down with the front and back door open? Trying to get a feel for how far these stick out. Thank you.
Jason will customize to suit if you want the bars to protrude more/less.

Jason will customize to suit if you want the bars to protrude more/less.

That's awesome, the exchange rate makes these really enticing.

Those look pretty dope. I have some white knuckles I popped on; I'm not sure if there's any legit reason I can hate on the u-bolts but stuff that goes into existing frame slots seems cleaner for sure. The white knuckles go into the frame around the cat, but otherwise it's the u-bolts.
U bolts are likely going to be stronger. That said I dont see much of a problem with this approach either

Cool I have been truing to get Jason to call me for over a month but we keep missing each other.

Unless you wanna drive to Canada I believe you're outta luck...
Screenshot_20170910-202146.png click to view.

Once he announced this, I went with White Knuckle Offroad and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
How would U bolts be stronger or better than big, flat, welded steal? That makes no sense.
Because the load is transferred through the point where the bolted interface is under tension which is also in the middle of the frame rail. The u bolt clamps the entire box of the frame and distributes the load across it.

His skid and sliders are Moab tested on my truck. I've managed to tag all his armor and its beefcake.

Because the load is transferred through the point where the bolted interface is under tension which is also in the middle of the frame rail. The u bolt clamps the entire box of the frame and distributes the load across it.
I'm not sure you're correctly understanding how the Cruisin sliders mount, unless you were talking about sliders that bolt into the frame...it's a little difficult to follow.

20140623_162227_zpsip33bs5v.JPG

I'm not sure you're correctly understanding how the Cruisin sliders mount, unless you were talking about sliders that bolt into the frame...it's a little difficult to follow.

View attachment 1534905
Oh. Yeah that is not what I had in mind. Looks beefy

I guess it's kinda a moot point now, unless you live in Western Canada or the Pacific NW and up for a drive. He's not shipping the sliders anymore, which is odd since I showed him the Fastenal option.

The quality is great. I've got some sliders coming.

What was their turn around time.

They were able to get me mine in bare DOM in about 5 weeks, add another week if you want them powdercoated because they have to outsource that. They were awesome to work with though, great product and great customer service. Give them a call and tell them what you're looking for and what time of time line you're wanting to hit. If you're ever down near COS let me know and you can check them out in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom