Cruiser_guys BJ60 revival and trip home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need wires to engage the xfer case? Or was that for the fuel problem?

For the fuel problem,
1EB2927C-86A8-4EF3-86D1-68BC9DC4B8A5.jpeg

Last edited:
Some of you may or may not remember my old man Cruiser_Guy...

I think I may have sold your Dad a Mombasa RTT (ARB Simpson style knock-off) here in Seattle back around the '08-'09 time frame? Recall selling it to someone with a blue BJ60 with PTO winch and a Guatemala/BC connection. If so, hope it worked out well for him and he got a lot of use out of it.

great to hear you got it running and driving!

It’s been about a year, I’ve been having issues getting the truck registered in British Columbia so it’s been sitting for awhile and now it cranks all day but Isn’t starting. We have fuel to the injectors and air flow is good, is there any reason it would have lost compression from sitting? Or could the injectors be clogged?

Is there diesel fog coming out the exhaust (stinky)? If so then you have fuel and the problem is with the glow system. I had an issue with the glow system when I tried starting mine up a few weeks ago. So I just took the wire off the busbar to the glow plugs and rigged a wire up straight from there into the cab. And then another wire from the battery into the cab, through the driver's window. Before I crank it I hold the two wires together for 5-10 seconds. Then it fires up OK. But I have to be careful to not touch the live wire on anything, I have a maurette I screw back on it. So that's how I start the car now, until I get the glow system back up and running, which isn't high on my priorities right now.

Is it possible your diesel has gone bad?

I’m getting the fog, If the diesel is bad shouldn’t it still cough and sputter? I’ll try the glow bypass and get back to you.

No it will just turn over and over. You need the glow to ignite it

I was re-reading my Toyota Trail magazines and read the article about your Dad again just last month. As I mentioned probably before him and I co-moderated the diesel section.
We also met in Vancouver at cruiser days a long time ago... 2008?
Was the cruiser not BC registered at one point?

I was re-reading my Toyota Trail magazines and read the article about your Dad again just last month. As I mentioned probably before him and I co-moderated the diesel section.
We also met in Vancouver at cruiser days a long time ago... 2008?
Was the cruiser not BC registered at one point?
Yes it was, I have all the related paper work. Good memories at cruiser days as a kid.

I must be getting old if that was a long time ago... lol
12 years and two times I've rebuild my cruiser for rust in this period.. LOL all relative. My kids were toddlers and now they are teenagers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom