Cruise/traction glitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Driving to Chicago on Friday about middle way cruise started to turn off randomly. Then it stopped working. On/off works but wouldn’t set and maintain speed

later on I was accelerating and around 80 mph traction control indicator (car with wavy tracks) started to blink and beep.

stopped on a side, restarted car, checked wheels all good. Didn’t appear again.

it was very windy that day.

today I drove back home 300 miles with no issues.
Anyone have any ideas on what it was?

PMS

Mine is doing it too. Traction only engages when I’m accelerating on an on-ramp.
I’m currently working through a steering rack issue. We think it’s related due to sensors nearby. But nothing for sure

Abs wheel speed sensor starting to go?
Loose wheel bearing?

Either of the two make sense because if the wheel bearing is loose, magnetic signals to the sensor start to get wonky.

Mine is doing it too. Traction only engages when I’m accelerating on an on-ramp.
I’m currently working through a steering rack issue. We think it’s related due to sensors nearby. But nothing for sure
Yes. I was accelerating hard entering highway.

Maybe sensors then. I know for sure front bearings need service bad...

And while you have the hubs off you can clean the faces of the sensors. They’re magnetic so all the fine metal dust from your brakes and rotors will completely cover them. Even without the hub off you can still test their resistance to see if they’re within spec. The front sensor harnesses are up in the engine bay.

24449BC1-7435-4D5E-B210-04654E963E03.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom