Events/Trails Cruise Moab 2021 April 12-17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sorry, not trying to be rude. i've stayed at Slickrock RV and have no interest in going back.
i don't mean to highjack your plans, just offering ideas and i'm open to all options.
WHUTT? You didn't care for the overly voluptuous check in gal with more tattoo's than the 7th fleet?

Looks like most of the groups spits are gone and Kane creeks website says closed. No worries on the hyjack as we have never stayed there.

How risky is it to show up without reservations? I know there are some FCFS sites and BLM area in and around Moab.

Last edited:
From my experience after doing the white rim, and thinking I could find some dispersed camping somewhere outside of town before heading to our next destination. There was none, except the aforementioned campgrounds, which were only a few dollars less then a motel so we went that route instead. Its not like Anza, where you can just pull off and camp anywhere.

So at the moment @chap79 , @KTP and ourselves have camping reservations at Slickrock RV camp. I don't have any info on the primitive camping but is someone wants to share it we can discuss it.
@Cruiser Bauers what days are you and group at the RV park?
are you signed up for CM or doing your own thing?

We are signed up as want to support another club. We have camping at the SLickrock from the 12th to 18th. Will probably leave early and do some cruising on the way up. We are open to do other things depending on how the terrain looks.

38°41'36.0"N 109°40'24.1"W

We camped st this BLM area about 15 min north of town. There were quite a few others camped nearby but we were able to find a nice spot anyway.

35008B00-604B-421E-B9A8-4F01CA7152BB.jpeg

Ok... get this going again... who is still thinking of coming??? We made an decision to leave the morning of the 10th and do some sight seeing on the way up and be in Moab late Monday morning. We are meeting a buddy with a 2020 Taco with a 2.5" lift on 31s. So trail selection will be tamer for the selected trails. Planning maybe a Monday afternoon run, then all day Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. We had some family plans come up so we have to boogie home starting Friday and finishing on Saturday. If some one want the camp spot I will be using we can make arraignments.

Last edited:
I'm officially out. Wife is having elective surgery that has been postponed for a while because of Covid. Guess even the Doc's are finally getting hungry now.

@Cruiser Bauers we’ll see you there! Should be able to get a few of the more popular trails knocked out Tues/Wed before the crowd shows up.

Well, we have been seeing tons of cool stuff these last three days. 90 minutes from Moab so will be there tomorrow am. Great camp site for tonight.

20210411_174451.jpg

After a week of catch with work and then some Rigs and Brews here is the report. Farrah and I started off to Phoenix on Friday to see some family. From there we completed the journey of some 80 parts to @kelly saad . From there we headed north stopping at cool stuff along the way. We had to stealth this night as the camp ground we researched were closed. Sunday we got up and went to Monument Valley...closed!!!! We saw a bunch but the driving tour was closed. From there we did the Moki Dugway, Thanks @RET2 for the suggestion!! After that we drove valley of the Gods Road....WOW. at that point we continued the fun to National Bridges National park and the views are great. From there we headed into the mountains to find camping, well we found lots of snow instead. So we head to a lower elevation and found a epic camp spot. After it was time to head to Moab and see @chap79 at the camp ground. Turns out it was not too bad!! They recently updated it and put a bunch of money in to it. Day 1 of wheeling was Top of the World, very hard trail, the Onion Creek, Awesome and scenic, plus Thompson Ranch, again awesome. Day two was Fins and Things with Fallen Peace officer. Met a cool Jeep guy who we rode with for the trail. Day three was a complete fail! We offroaded a total of 5 miles in drive time of 2 hours and a wait time of 5 hours for a total of 7 hours!! That was the only trail we got that day. Rain, sleet and snow made the trail a mess!!! From there we bombed home in 12 hours, we figured lets move. Great trip and can't wait to go back!!

Bruiser wheel lift.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom