Cruise Control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will have to try this this afternoon before my drive home(35 miles of beautiful northwest forests) thanks all for the info.
Dave

I have cruiser control but it scares me.

I have hills around and the poor 3FE gets a workout from that silly lil button.

Glad you all got your issues solved.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=5777;start=msg46226#msg46226 date=1064940953]
Move it through the full sweep about 8 or 10 times and that should clean off the contacts.
Give it a Whirl................ :banana: D-
[/quote]

C-Dan.... I've always used CRC electric parts cleaner to do this kinda stuff. This morning my cruise did the zact same thing. I decided to cycle the key once, and sure enough it was working fine afterwards.

Any reason not to clean it up with this stuff??? >>>
05018_3X.jpg

Tks! :cheers:

It's a sealed up unit. I imagine you could take it apart if need be. I would only do that as a last resort. I resist taking stuff apart that I can't get pieces for if the surgery kills the patient. :p

The manual cycling of the arm seems to do the job without scattering teensy bits all over the bench. :cheers:

Hey Dan,

Wonder if dealer would have suggested or done that and then cleared the code, or told me I needed to replace cruise control module? When I pulled the dome fuse, what else besides the clock and the code 12 was reset? Assume that when dealer plugs her in at the 120K service that they won't see the code 12?

Again, thanks! :cheers: :flipoff2: :cheers:

Just the clock and your auto-destrut ;)

The dealer wouldn't pull CC codes unless you had a complaint. Since you yanked the fuse, the code has been cleared. It will not re-appear unless the ECU detects it again. Since the actuator is a sealed unit and there are no established repair procedures, the "correct" course of action would be to replace it. I stumbled onto to the "arm wiggle thingy" when Dirty Fingernails was fighting a picky actuator. I don't know where he came up with it. It may have been from my factory bud in Denver.

Dan.

Great, now I've got to beam Capt. Kirk or Capt. Picard to my house to shut off the auto destruct sequence. Thanks a lot! I wondered what the flashing lights and computer talk has been about in the LC the last couple of days. :p :D

>> Great, now I've got to beam Capt. Kirk or Capt. Picard to <<
>> my house to shut off the auto destruct sequence. <<

The auto destruct on *all* 80s was permanently disabled 6 months ago when I installed the "button" aka the GDB. The GDB is manually operated. Nothing to worry 'bout Brent. I'm a happy guy.... for now.

-B-

:mad: Anyone have any other "fixes" for the CC? I have done every test in the FSM and the stuff listed on this post and can't find the problem!!!! I t works intermittently, no codes, Just works sometimes and not others. I usually have to play with the switch 8-10 times while on the road and the n it magically it works fine? I am stumped..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

91-2's have a transducer thingy, in line with the speedometer cable, down at the transfercase. That may be on it's way out.

Got the "blinkey blinkey, shut off" thing yesterday just like clockwork (80 viruses come through this board). Cycled the actuator this evening and will report back. Thanks in advance.

IdahoDoug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom