Cottonland Picture of the Day Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pigeon River, NC

32B5C6B4-1CF3-4993-B947-9A5775498919.jpeg

Hmmm....

20220829_070244.jpg

Twins at academy sports yesterday. Need that suspension though.

D78C5821-EB05-4390-8EA4-B7C22AF18DA5.jpeg

Disaster relief people all over Jackson and I just drove the end of Westbrook road and no water is even on the road.

View attachment 3101215
Just left our meeting. Gov issued emergency. MEMA called us. Not sure how much water damage they are doing but believe they are also beginning assessment of major infrastructure over haul.

Just left our meeting. Gov issued emergency. MEMA called us. Not sure how much water damage they are doing but believe they are also beginning assessment of major infrastructure over haul.
Please mention the fact that we may be throwing hood money on bad with OB Curtis…

I understand we need a bandaid but I think an entirely new well system is much more cost beneficial in the long run.

I’ve had this conversation with many in state leadership and some at the COJ level.

Please mention the fact that we may be throwing hood money on bad with OB Curtis…

I understand we need a bandaid but I think an entirely new well system is much more cost beneficial in the long run.

I’ve had this conversation with many in state leadership and some at the COJ level.
Hope they have someone watching the money...

The latest is parts to get Curtis pumps online. Full pressure is a week or more out

Multiple side discussions on a new location needed.

Reminds me of NOLA pump discussions. Probably never happen band aid after band aid

I'm in water and wastewater. Yalls water plant situation does not sound like a flood problem, it sounds like it was FUBAR long before the flood. It's in the industry news and the flood sounds like the little white spec on top of the chicken sh!t. All pumps have been down for a while and the aux pumps are what got trashed. They need to shut it the F down and figure it out. You don't get straight untreated water in a system without pumps. They've been pumping untreated water into the system. Last I saw was they had issued a do not use order for parts of the system.

Don't worry though, the incompetence of the water utility will be overshadowed by the flood and the US taxpayers will finance the infrastructure improvements in the name of the flood emergency...

This kind of stuff kinda P's in my cheerios because I spend most days explaining to people how to not get in this kind of shape...

I'm in water and wastewater. Yalls water plant situation does not sound like a flood problem, it sounds like it was FUBAR long before the flood. It's in the industry news and the flood sounds like the little white spec on top of the chicken sh!t. All pumps have been down for a while and the aux pumps are what got trashed. They need to shut it the F down and figure it out. You don't get straight untreated water in a system without pumps. They've been pumping untreated water into the system. Last I saw was they had issued a do not use order for parts of the system.

Don't worry though, the incompetence of the water utility will be overshadowed by the flood and the US taxpayers will finance the infrastructure improvements in the name of the flood emergency...

This kind of stuff kinda P's in my cheerios because I spend most days explaining to people how to not get in this kind of shape...

Welcome to Jackson. The home of incompetence, lazy, lack of responsibility and let’s not forget crooked. Jackson water has always been a joke but it’s always somebody else’s fault or due to Mother Nature. None of the leaders ever step up and actually correct the situation. Any sort of money for certain projects always finds a home in someone’s pocket but projects never get finished. Sales tax was raised in the city of Jackson to fix the roads, did the roads ever get fixed? Nope, a lot of the streets are similar to those in 3rd world countries. Someone got some extra cash though. With National news coverage of the flooding, the leaders can now blame something other than their mismanagement and be the victim on a national level in hopes they can get another handout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom