Cottonland Pet Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pinestraw Pig

image.jpeg

Charlie, our 10yr old gsd still acts like a 1 year old. Which is good. He's not slowing down. And he is an older 3rd cousin to this puppy. So I know the temperment we are getting.

and gunshots....
speaking of pets....you ever hatch your baby buzzards?

Weird deal (and, surprisingly, I get asked about it a lot). One of the 2 eggs hatched (I think). There was no baby to be found. Either a critter got it, or the mom knew it wasn't going to happen so she ate it. It was just an open egg laying there on the ground.

IMG_4916.JPG

Shortly thereafter, momma bird (if you recall, her name was Julie) got really pissed at a nearby pedestrian and went after her. Then, animal control got called; Animal control said they couldn't touch Julie because these water buzzards (supposedly eat fish) are "migratory birds of prey." I'm not joking. Supposedly, if you start offing them, the local blue gill/carp populations get out of sorts, and from there global warming intensifies and we all suffer a rapid and painful extinction of the human race. So, some Steve Irwin like-dude who apparently has a special license/permit to play with buzzards came in under the color of darkness and removed Julie and the remaining egg. I imagine it went down something like this:

thF13EFM9S.jpg

Additionally, Husband (Nolen) was nowhere to be found after the eggs dropped. He had done his job and was out goofing off, posting pictures of Julie's buzzard ass on the buzzard forums.

Weird deal (and, surprisingly, I get asked about it a lot). One of the 2 eggs hatched (I think). There was no baby to be found. Either a critter got it, or the mom knew it wasn't going to happen so she ate it. It was just an open egg laying there on the ground.

View attachment 1277542

Shortly thereafter, momma bird (if you recall, her name was Julie) got really pissed at a nearby pedestrian and went after her. Then, animal control got called; Animal control said they couldn't touch Julie because these water buzzards (supposedly eat fish) are "migratory birds of prey." I'm not joking. Supposedly, if you start offing them, the local blue gill/carp populations get out of sorts, and from there global warming intensifies and we all suffer a rapid and painful extinction of the human race. So, some Steve Irwin like-dude who apparently has a special license/permit to play with buzzards came in under the color of darkness and removed Julie and the remaining egg. I imagine it went down something like this:

View attachment 1277544

Additionally, Husband (Nolen) was nowhere to be found after the eggs dropped. He had done his job and was out goofing off, posting pictures of Julie's buzzard ass on the buzzard forums.

Brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom