Cottonland Overland Opine Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have been camping a few times during all this.....maybe MO state stopping people but we are not shelter in place.

Have had no issues at all. Planing on getting away this weekend and some next week.

There are no public areas open but most aren't looking for those anyway.

I think the jackasses are the ones mouthing off......and doing stupid stuff to get ran off.

Right now in Arkansas out of state recreational lodging is prohibited.

It’s been really crowded in the ozarks and ouchitas lately, I guess unemployed and out of school people From surrounding states and all over are flooding the Arkansas woods , escaping their situations. This has caused our governor Who is trying to avoid a lockdown to shut down most if not all the tourism in the area . That includes about all public state and federal areas
I’ve gotten where I just stay home on weekends and do my wanderings during the week. And even then there’s way more people than normal. And then you have turkey season opening and every dispersed camp site is now a “ turkey camp”

Last edited:
I took the canoe for a spin in the lower MS Delta last weekend. Social distancing isn’t so bad.
A288F1A5-A95C-4628-A52D-F623D83E8127.jpeg

FBE90F35-8B1B-4D09-999C-8797B9A912BF.jpeg

AE249DAA-8A49-4FB6-95C3-9D1AF386C168.jpeg

21B62EC2-C53A-4459-8B77-8C2F82883023.jpeg

D79D15C7-DCEE-4137-9EBB-13FCBF5844BD.jpeg

Glad you had fun, I hate snakes!

I’m with clutchee and saint on the snakes,

D8D4961A-D97B-4AA2-9DEF-6CC4D3C107CB.jpeg

@Godwin what is going on here?
I saw several balls of minnows(?) with a Gar under them. At first I thought the it was a bait ball on defense, but after a closer look the Gar seem to be guarding them.

View attachment 2282642
@Godwin what is going on here?
I saw several balls of minnows(?) with a Gar under them. At first I thought the it was a bait ball on defense, but after a closer look the Gar seem to be guarding them.

Not gar but bowfin Bowfin - Wikipedia. Males guard the eggs and after hatching the young for for a few months. Bowfin is a pretty cool fish.

Haha oh yeah. We went car camping in Arkansas and I pinstriped the hell out of my 2500 Hahahaha totally worth it. My old 80 series woulda been perfect

Anybody got plans for Thanksgiving week? I was planning to head north to Ozarks but ...rain and cold.

I may head east to Cheaha. Anybody got tips?

Spring break I have a cabin reserved in Desoto state park...plan to explore, horse back ride, see some civil war stuff, fly fish and spend a few days in Nooga.

Basically Cheeha is one big long road along the Cheeha Trail on the ridge. Very cool place to visit. South of the state park is where the big overlooks are on the edge looking west

Excellent. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom