sadovnik
SILVER Star
- Thread starter
- #21
The short answer to your question is YES, my county does require smog testing. The thing is, the previous owner did a half-ass desmog on the rig and left parts and pieces of the emissions system, i.e air pump, egr system, etc. So, in reality, I didn’t have much of a choice but to finish the job and do a proper desmog. Which I did. In the process of sourcing all the pieces that were missing, I also picked up the rest of the parts necessary to get it fully emissions compliant. But it runs so nicely without all that crap, it would border on criminal to put all that junk back on there. My plan moving forward is to try to get it to pass the emissions test “AS IS” and if it fails (and it most likely will) well then I'm exploring a couple of alternatives.Great looking 60 project, nice find in that condition.
Living in Denver, don't you need all the smog stuff installed for emissions testing?