Coolant temperature gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

just wondering what temperature on the gauge is exactly in degrees? Or if anyone knows how to measure would be great ?
65187C93-6D5A-4A85-BF37-EFA864CBA8E8.jpeg

Car is a 1985 FJ73
Hi fj73perth

Just buy a cheap digital thermometer from eBay and it will give you an accurate reading from the head/radiator . You temp gauge is reading high . I suggest that you check your viscous fan and belt also ! Good luck !

I would say it's reading high, how high can't tell you. I would also recommend a good stand alone water temp gauge. When I installed a aux temp gauge I was surprised at how warm it was with the needle at the middle and slightly higher, on mine it was showing around 245F.

One step above an idiot light!
If you have any concerns definitely go aftermarket gauges.

@fj73perth , temp looks on the high side there In the pic you posted. Temp gauge usually comes off of the bottom peg at 22 Celsius, and should stay at the bottom third of the gauge Once the engine has warmed up. That translates to about 80 - 86 Celsius. If runNing up a lot of hills in the summer it could hit 90 Celsius. You need a digital gauge to see that, but hope that answers your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom