Coolant Leak Issue, Near Throttle body. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sigh, looks like mine was leaking from the crack on the hose...

Trying to find the part. At the mean time, is there a temporary solution to seal that crack?

2022-04-27.14-34-25.%pn.4485{3.png

Does anyone know the part # of this hose? Trying to figure out on the part website, but have difficult to locate the right part #.

2022-04-27.14-41-41.%pn.4487{3.png

It should be this highlighted hose on the manifold, but still couldn't figure out its part #....

Anyone know its name or part #?

Edit: Looks like this hose is for emission control and coolant doesn't pass through it? If so, I have 2 issues then:
  1. The plug on Throttle Body still leaks
  2. Cracked hose for "VSV for EVAP"

2022-04-27.15-01-57.%pn.4490{3.png

2022-04-27.15-06-15.%pn.4492{3.png

Last edited:
It should be this highlighted hose on the manifold, but still couldn't figure out its part #....

Anyone know its name or part #?

Edit: Looks like this hose is for emission control and coolant doesn't pass through it? If so, I have 2 issues then:
  1. The plug on Throttle Body still leaks
  2. Cracked hose for "VSV for EVAP"

View attachment 2993643

View attachment 2993650
Guess I found the part # for the VSV hose: 23829-50070. Just a FYI in case anyone needs it. It's over $30 at local dealer. Guess I will just wrap it with tape to live with it.

Continue tapping the plug now....

2022-04-27.15-22-39.%pn.4494{3.png

Sigh, looks like mine was leaking from the crack on the hose...

Trying to find the part. At the mean time, is there a temporary solution to seal that crack?

View attachment 2993615
That is a vacuum hose and should not be leaking coolant as it should have air traveling in it. Based on the picture I would guess the water is coming from the plug below it.

The little plug on the throttle body on my 2004 LX 470 popped out and spewed coolant. I tapped the plug in flush as best I could on the side of the road and added coolant, but it is still seeping. Also, when I put it in, I put it in with the hole down (pretty sure that is wrong)... I haven't tried JB weld yet, I was really hoping the plug would pressure fit in and seal up...

Can you buy replacement plugs? Any suggestions on getting the old one out (drill it). I would really like to fix this right, but without buying a whole new throttle body...

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Lee
2004 LX470
2000 LC

Has anyone who has preformed the "quarter - JB weld" method to fix this had any other problem with it? My throttle body is seeping now too. I have no apprehension of doing this fix, I just want to make sure it has had good results so I can actually get by with a fix under a few bucks.

Wow!! A possible repair on the Cruiser for under $5. Somebody pinch me o_O

Has anyone who has preformed the "quarter - JB weld" method to fix this had any other problem with it? My throttle body is seeping now too. I have no apprehension of doing this fix, I just want to make sure it has had good results so I can actually get by with a fix under a few bucks.

Wow!! A possible repair on the Cruiser for under $5. Somebody pinch me o_O
still no issues for me and no leaks

Joined the blown throttlebody plug club this morning. In central Texas and we hard our few days of hard freeze last week.
Did find a more info about it on a tundra forum that shed some more light on the purpose of the plug (manufacturing purpose possibly). Would love to tap it and put a threaded plug in there but the JB-weld/quarter solution will be what I do tonight. Got lucky and the plug landed on the top of the block and rode there for about 5 miles.

On a separate note, can anyone confirm what the hose I have circled below is? It is all cracked up and from looking at diagrams I can't clearly tell what system it is/what is is for. Goes from the drivers side head to the throttle body.

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2631.jpeg

Thanks @flintknapper, you wouldn't happen to know the PN for that hose off the top of your head would you? Mine is cracked to hell, originally thought that was my leak until i saw the well polished hole full of coolant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom