Console cool box disassembly - Help ! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My cool box stopped working a few days ago, and It seems like the evaporator fan is stuck or broken. Already tried looking at the Service Manual for a disassembly/assembly procedure but unfortunately, the manual shows the procedure for regular console box, not cool box. They're quite different.... I wish it was as easy as the regular box.

So, I removed all surrounding screws, and also the back cover with the beverage holder without luck, the console remains attached to the body. Probably more hidden screws/locks that I haven't figured out yet.

I will appreciate any hints. It's a 2004 100 VX, Turbo Diesel, Euro spec.

assuming you are working on this

Toyota_Land-Cruiser_VX-100-05.jpg

Here is a blown up diagram of the console, as well as a standard diagram to reference. I hope it helps.

873008N.png

581245D.png

If it's like the normal center console, there are four screws down near the bottom of the console (2x per side). I was under the impression the seats had to be removed to access them but saw a picture posted here just the other day where someone had gotten to them with the seats intact.

Thanks, but those images don't help much.

Actually it was a PITA to find out that besides the surrounding screws that you mention, there are also 8 hidden screws under the rubber seal 88578-60170. The seal won't come off in one piece because it's like glued or stuck to the plastic frame by double sided tape, so you better have a spare seal to replace during reassembly. Once all the surrounding screws and the 8 hidden screws are removed, then the console can be lifted and separated from the cool box, which now can be completely disassembled by removing about 8 metal clips and 2 plastic locks holding the insulating panels together.

Actually it was a PITA to find out that besides the surrounding screws that you mention, there are also 8 hidden screws under the rubber seal 88578-60170.
Yah, couldn't help you there, no cooler box on the 03. Glad you got it figured out.

Thank you. Funny thing is that those screws don't even appear in the exploded view, which sould contain all components.

Well, the motor was not functioning because the cabon brushes were completely worn out. The motor is actually a sealed, non serviceable unit, but the local dealer quoted $250 for the motor and wait 6 weeks for it, so I decided to replace the brushes (another PITA) align the caps/bushes, re-glue the motor cap and everything is "cool" again. :clap:

Now, I am in the tedious process of replacing all dashboard bulbs, which some are dim, and others burnt out. Not sure whether to go genuine incandescent bulbs at $4 each, or go the LED route at $12 all of them. The LED route is tricky, because there are no direct replacements, so it involves a bit of tweaking, trial/error process... but no more bulb replacements for life !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom