Con rod Bolts upgrade on 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to print this and hang it on the refrigerator for the wife to see :D

Thanks!!!!

that fuel cut off could turn to a sex cut off if rubbed in her face you were right about something to much...

Trust me... if you count on that... you will quickly collect a few dead 3F engines.

Mark...

Just to update - the machinist returned the conrods today with the rest of the rebuild - see how the ARP bolts were machined to fit the 2F

ARP conrod bolts trimmed to fit in 2F
img_4740e.jpg

img_4737e.jpg

Aaron is correct. Directly from the 1988 Model New Car Features, Land Cruiser, page 138 -

"8b. Fuel Cut-off Due to High Engine Speed. To prevent engine over-run, fuel injection is cut if engine speed rises above 5000rpm. Fuel injection is resumed when the engine speed falls below this value."
I know this is an old thread but I was wheeling yesterday and my engine kept going into a rev limit type mode. I would attempt a big climb on muddy wet rock with my foot in it, then mid obstacle my engine would start cutting out around 3000 rpms. RPM would drop down then it would only rev to the same limit it previously set. It would continue this until I reset the ecm. Afterward it went back to normal. I changed the AFM, ECM with the same results. The last time it happened I adjusted the TPS to proper spec. and it seemed to take care of the issue. I am not sure though as it was later in the day and maybe I just wasn't trying as hard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom