Colorado plans Silverton July 22nd-26th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Camped east end of Silverton. Trying to meet up with Nakman. Will probably be out n about today. My 100 couldn’t make the trip this time so I’m in my green 80. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for other Land Cruisers.
How crowded is the area out of curiosity?

It’s busy but as “compared to what”, I don’t know. Summer in Silverton is always busy.
The campground is pretty packed but not full

We are rolling in next week on Monday if anyone is still in the area and wants to run some trails.

stop by the quanset hut shop just as you leave town and say Hi to Tony G. He might be up to wheel or show you around... he doesn't own a hundy yet but he has an 80 and is a great shop for trail repairs.

stop by the quanset hut shop just as you leave town and say Hi to Tony G. He might be up to wheel or show you around... he doesn't own a hundy yet but he has an 80 and is a great shop for trail repairs.

Whats the name of his shop? I'll save his information. Great to have a local resource for repair in the area!

This thread needs pics!

This thread needs pics!

"Get in loser, we're going wheeling."
MVIMG_20200723_104125.jpg

I think a daily meet up at the gas station south of town would work as a gathering point. People with different trail interests could partner up and head out in small groups in their desired directions. Getting a reasonably early start makes a difference, suggest 730 -8.

I arrive Wednesday and will run trail Thurs to Sun.
Gas station seems like the best meeting point to me, 7:30-8:00 is a good window too. I'll be getting in Wednesday and doing trails Thurs through Sunday too. My tentative plan is:

Thurs: Engineer
Fri: Black Bear
Sat: Hurricane
Sun: Imogene
Black bear is bound to be busy not sure of Fri is any worse than Thursday.

Mineral Creek to Engineer is a nice run
and Im planning to do Stony Pass to Kite Lake at some point

7:30-8:00 at the gas station in the morning?

This thread needs pics!

Exploring solo near town
1595555174065.jpeg

Raining like hell in Silverton tonight- going to be interesting wheeling tomorrow.

Got pounded by rain for a few nights. Spirits stayed high though, even the kids. Cutting it a night short to get dry!! Will post some pics later when I get on some fi.

Got pounded by rain for a few nights. Spirits stayed high though, even the kids. Cutting it a night short to get dry!! Will post some pics later when I get on some fi.
Saw your truck parked today, waited for a few to see if you showed......truck waaaay too clean, lol. Sorry I missed you.

For anyone left in Silverton, I think we'll be heading up to Ouray and exploring Yankee Boy and Governors Basin tomorrow. You're welcome to join us. Probably leave Silverton around 9:30. GMRS CH21 (462.700).

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom