Builds College Kid's '96 FZJ80 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I installed the drivers side headlight and Master cylinder sensor cap that I received from @Deathvalleypaul. PM him if you ever need a part, he is awesome and got what I needed very quick. Now I'm just waiting on a fender flare in the mail and that's about it for current parts that I needed to replace.

IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the college 80 club haha, isn't it nice to be paying tuition as well as funding a vehicle that as old if not older than you lol.... sigh been doing it since high school

But anyways awesome rig like how clean it is, keep up the good work!

Welcome to the college 80 club haha, isn't it nice to be paying tuition as well as funding a vehicle that as old if not older than you lol.... sigh been doing it since high school

But anyways awesome rig like how clean it is, keep up the good work!

Haha yeah it's quite the money pit.. Definitely worth it though! The plus side is that I don't drive much during the school year so the 10mpg is sorta kinda bearable.

Well, I'm alive and finally graduate college in May. More disposable income to dump into this thing! I haven't been on here in a while but recently got the cruiser itch again and decided to get some good maintenance done. Reason for all of this was a heater hose popped and dumped coolant right as I was pulling into my driveway so I decided it would be a good time to do as much preventative maintenance as I could within my budget.

Stuff I fixed / replaced:
- Painted the valve cover
- Thermostat
- Valve Cover Gasket
- Throttle Body Gasket
- Fan Clutch
- Spark Plug Tube Seals
- All Heater Hoses
- Spark Plug Tube Seals
- PCV Grommet and Valve
- Some Vacuum Lines
- Spark Plugs (x6)
- Spark Plug Wire Set
- Headlight Bulbs
- Oil Change and Filter

This is by far the best I've felt this engine idle, very smooth and feels much better than before. Also spent time cleaning throttle body and just about anything else I could get my hands on. Still need to flush my coolant since I never got around to it and the truck hits 200 degrees at idle in 60 degree weather. Considering I haven't really messed with spray paint before, I'm pretty happy with how the valve cover turned out.

IMG_5289.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5308.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom