Coastal Offroad Bumpers? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have any of you bought the rear bumper for the 100 series from Coastal Offroad? How is the quality? Ease of installation? Pics definitely appreciated!

I bought the first generation of Coastal rear bumpers. They have since updated the design to be a little more high clearance in the bottom rear corners. I think the updated version looks better. Overall I am really happy with the product. If you have the time to put this together, the price can’t be beat (4x4 labs is close). The fit was perfect and didn’t need any adjusting. We probably put close to 30 hours total into the bumper and went for a really clean look. It’s not the best looking bumper on the market but it’s cheap and the swing outs are built really well.

0EFC3F96-95F2-4BF9-8B9B-FA5C83C03015.jpeg

EF4538D1-6CEF-429A-92B1-5C669B8EEB60.jpeg

2F512C3B-BCEB-4B3D-AE9D-03CF528A4760.jpeg

128591A4-6048-4D67-8837-D94FDEC5530E.jpeg

459B292F-DD1B-4571-B987-74CDCB63B0F8.jpeg

Looks good. I've been looking at getting their front and rear bumpers. Is that the "Recessed" Receiver hitch option, or something different?

Looks good. I've been looking at getting their front and rear bumpers. Is that the "Recessed" Receiver hitch option, or something different?
I'm not sure if this is the recessed receiver option. There was only one receiver option when I ordered. I wonder if the recessed hitch would go through the middle of the bumper like the OEM receivers on later years?

I'm not sure if this is the recessed receiver option. There was only one receiver option when I ordered. I wonder if the recessed hitch would go through the middle of the bumper like the OEM receivers on later years?
Yeah that's what I'm wondering but Costal hasn't answered my email.

I just installed the Coastal front bumper on my 99 LC. I've been meaning to post about it. Any questions you looking for answers to?

I just installed the Coastal front bumper on my 99 LC. I've been meaning to post about it. Any questions you looking for answers to?
Pics. But more importantly how much is exposed on the bottom because of the high clearance. Does it integrate with frond skids ,stock or aftermarket. Did you do the bull bar?

Other than the normal frame and control arms that's exposed, the only thing exposed is the windshield wiper reservoir bottle on the driver's side under the headlight. With this bumper, you remove the factory crash beam and the bumper bolts onto the crash beam mounting points and the tow/recovery hook mounting points under the frame.

You can see the factory skid plate is still mounted to the bottom of the radiator crossmember. The Coastal bumper does not touch this crossmember or the factory skid.

coastal1.jpg

coastal2.jpg

coastal3.jpg

coastal4.jpg

Anyone know if these things are compatible with the LRA AUX fuel tanks?

Trying to decide between Coastal and Dissent. Love the notion of do it yourself with Coastal, and they look great, but towing seems like a significant liability at my level of welding ability. I know the Dissent works with the LRA but the cost! Given the cost difference it's a decision with the AUX tank being the deciding factor for me.

Also curious why everyone chose to put the spare on the passenger side... Coastal says it is a choice when assembling. Seem like that would obstruct rear view. Pics look great guys.

Trying to decide between Coastal and Dissent. Love the notion of do it yourself with Coastal, and they look great, but towing seems like a significant liability at my level of welding ability. I know the Dissent works with the LRA but the cost! Given the cost difference it's a decision with the AUX tank being the deciding factor for me.

Also curious why everyone chose to put the spare on the passenger side... Coastal says it is a choice when assembling. Seem like that would obstruct rear view. Pics look great guys.
I have their front bumper and thought it was a fantastic kit. Just ordered a skidplate and rear bumper.

You can leave the factory hitch in place with the coastal rear and use that for towing if you're worried about welds. I would imagine it would work with an aux tank, but email them and check.

I have their front bumper and thought it was a fantastic kit. Just ordered a skidplate and rear bumper.

You can leave the factory hitch in place with the coastal rear and use that for towing if you're worried about welds. I would imagine it would work with an aux tank, but email them and check.
Many thanks! That is a great idea and best of both worlds. I could probably delete the factory hitch as well for major excursions, where not towing, for the extra clearance. I'll email them direct and ask about the tank. Will also ask them if they know why everyone is doing right side spare.

Many thanks! That is a great idea and best of both worlds. I could probably delete the factory hitch as well for major excursions, where not towing, for the extra clearance. I'll email them direct and ask about the tank. Will also ask them if they know why everyone is doing right side spare.
I did right side spare so I could setup a fold down table on the swing out and have my trasharoo on that side. Also, the swing out can be opened away from traffic if I’m pulled over on the shoulder of the road. The tire blocking my rear view is really not a big deal. I can still see plenty out of the rear window. I would put a 6” long 2” receiver hitch through the center of the spare tire.
43BB558F-4D12-4CB1-BB85-D115EE9CC9BF.jpeg
C4CB7AF9-F67A-46DA-889D-50DC78A833F0.jpeg
AB703F61-0F2C-48F0-99AB-1E808B7462A2.jpeg

1ABD38BA-608A-4270-84CA-D456C414A6CA.jpeg

Just installed my coastal rear bumper today. With regards to room for an aux tank, The bumper doesn’t come in past the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom