Club Run - Rocky Springs, Lorman, Windsor Ruins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't make it. Working one weekend and out of town the other.

Talked to my buddy that runs the Port Gibson Co-oP and he said we needed to go to Grand Gulf Military park on the way home. He said he can get the guy there to give us a guided tour.

Shaping up for:

Leave from Renaissance by 5-Guys at 8.

Drive to Rocky Springs and get out and check it all out.

Head to Lorman

Lorman to Port Gibson on back roads to see all the sites David mentioned here
Great write-up Nolen. I'm glad you guys had a good time. The south side of Bienville is a great place to explore. You guys only saw a very small portion of it. It is my 2nd favorite place to ride in MS. You need to plan a trip to my favorite area, the Port Gibson - Rodney area. There you will experience a great deal of Civil War history. Such as: Point of Rock, Windsor Ruins, Shaifer House, The old church in Rodney (still has a cannon ball lodged in the front of it), and in my opinion, the prettiest part of the state. Also, lunch at the Old Country Store is a must.
This ride would be like Bienville, more about getting out and seeing our state than "wheelin" but its a great way to enjoy fellowship.

MeridianTag030.jpg

Rodney7-10053.jpg

Rodney7-10043.jpg

Rodney7-10047.jpg

And in the summertime you can stop at the Hunt Rd water falls to cool off.

MeridianTag013.jpg

Then head up to Grand Gulf Military Park

Home...burgers at 5-Guys

We may want to put Rocky Springs on the return trip so if the kids want to swim or accidentally fall in, they won't have wet clothes on all day.

I'm iffy......

I'm game. I will be there, one way or another.

I just realized that if it were not for MEMCRUISER possibly lending me his FJ62 for this, I will be forced to show up to Land Cruiser events in either my rock crawling Impala, or my wife's Jeep. At least I can successfully install an IH8MUD sticker on the Impala without it being sacrilegious! Plus, showing up to a TLC event in a Jeep? Yeah, didn't think so...

I am out, unfortunately I will be heading to London on the 7th. One of these days my travel schedule will permit me to do something fun again. I have yet to see a Land Cruiser in Istanbul...but, I am still searching.

- Mark

Hey Brian - if you need to borrow my 80, just let me know. I have no problem with you doing so. It is literally just sitting downtown between now and June. The only caveat is that you will have to pay for the gas...and she takes premium due to the SC. Oh, and my auxiliary tank is sitting in the backseat right now...I about gave myself a hernia trying to unload it myself.

- Mark

I need a ride in one of the cool 80's in the club. I'm just gonna eat and drink!

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better! I guess I wouldn't mind an 80, not at all :D That's one of them things that is required to join CLC, right? Kind of like a hall pass or secret Masonic ritual!

Brian

I am out, unfortunately I will be heading to London on the 7th. One of these days my travel schedule will permit me to do something fun again. I have yet to see a Land Cruiser in Istanbul...but, I am still searching.

- Mark

Name dropper....:grinpimp:

Don't be...it's Friday evening...it's 7:50pm in Istanbul and I think I am on my 70th hour of work this week...and I will be working through the weekend.

- Mark