Close to buying a new 200 LC. Asking for thoughts and comments on my 2 concerns.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Compare sales numbers of the 200 in North America to those of the rest of the world. The American market is an afterthought.
Im not talking about just the LC. Are you trying to say that uncertainty about what emissions standards will have to be met played no part in the power plant decision for the LC/Sequoia/Tundra/LX570? Because that's all Im saying.

Im not talking about just the LC. Are you trying to say that uncertainty about what emissions standards will have to be met played no part in the power plant decision for the LC/Sequoia/Tundra/LX570? Because that's all Im saying.
I’m saying that uncertainty would probably lead them to look at the long-term strategy and that is one of tighter emissions and fuel efficiency restrictions.

Also with the tundra being so much bigger it is possible they design it to accept a v8 while the 300 can only fit a v6. I admit this is speculation.. but it’s plausible.

Also with the tundra being so much bigger it is possible they design it to accept a v8 while the 300 can only fit a v6. I admit this is speculation.. but it’s plausible.

I think that is unlikely, given how the Tundra and 200 frames are related.

Are we even sure LC300 even reaches USA? If so, then all this discussion is moot.

how sure are we that the next gen Tundra and the LC300 will share platforms??
We are not. But given the fact that the 200 and Tundra have related platforms and that both are being redesigned in about the same time, it is likely that relationship will continue.

Frame and suspension being related doesn’t preclude one being able to run a v8 while the other can’t. Width wise the engines will likely be similar, it’s the length from firewall to core support that has to change, from my layman’s understanding. As it is the current gen tundra has WAY more room under the hood than a 200.. you should see the radiators side by side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom