Clear and Crystal-Clear lenses for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I was at it, I took some pic of the blinker portion. :D

1st:
Both flashing.

2nd:
Off-center, left.

3rd:
Off-center, right.
PICT0023c.JPG
PICT0026c.JPG
PICT0028b.jpg

1st:
Clear corner (JDM OEM), Crystal-clear front, and side.

2nd:
Up close.

3rd:
Front end.
PICT0032b.jpg
PICT0034b.jpg
PICT0035c.JPG

Last edited:
How is fit and finish on the LED versus the red/clear?

I can't stop!! :rolleyes: ;p :D

1st:
Right side.

2nd:
Crystal side marker (On).

3rd:
Crystal side marker (Off).
PICT0038b.jpg
PICT0040b.jpg
PICT0043b.jpg

clarkrw3 said:
How is fit and finish on the LED versus the red/clear?

I "believe" they are made by the same (Taiwanese) company.

Their quality, of course, is not up to par with the OEM counterparts, but unless you are knit-picky(sp) and also if you caulk (just in case) you should not be able to detect any aesthetic/performance difference.

In fact, I believe they would be brighter than the OEM units. But obviously I'm biased!! :flipoff2:

Now let me get back to posting more pics. ;p ;)

I should have posted the "off" pics first, but oh well...

1st:
Front facia.

2nd:
Right side.

3rd:
Up close

Well, that's all folks!

Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you. ;)

Mot
PICT0047c.JPG
PICT0044b.jpg
PICT0048b.jpg

Some of you might have suspected this already, but when pressing the brake pedal the LED lights lit up fraction of a second quicker than the incadescent(sp)/halogen counterpart, making it look "crisp", if you know what I mean. ;)

I've read somewhere that the difference is like a nano-second and if you are driving at 846mph and someone in front of you slammed on the brake with LED brake lights on, you stop 2ft shorter than the regular bulbed car in front of you. :flipoff2:

It's cool, if you like that kind of thing. :princess:

LX_TREME said:
Let me show fully JDM and little... all HID and LED freak :D

Are the tail lights all LEDs are just the brake lights? How about more pictures?

PM'ed ya mot.

Dave

Mot,

Can you please make a measurement on the hole where you mount the side markers (marked in red) just like the one on the attached pictures? Thanks.

Last edited:
Noel,

There was a template that was used (posted?) here before, but I don't know where to find it (haven't searched as I "should" be getting ready to go to church!:crybaby: ;) )

I'll try to look/measure sometime after I get back, among with 100 other things I mean to do. :rolleyes: ;)

Mot

HAPPY NEW YEAR! MOT. Go to church and when you get the time do the measurements.

I did search and no luck. I guess you're the only one who can provide the right size of the mounting hole for this side markers.

Noel,

I'm back and done pretending to be righteous. ;)

I've just measured and the distance from the top of the marker to the edge of the wenderwell (hood/bonnet) as pictured above is 24.4cm (9.6063") I used a measuring tape that is cloth and measured along the countour of the sheetmetal).

Also the distance between the right edge of the marker (halfway vertical point between the top and the bottom of the marker, if that makes any sense) to the edge of the fenderwell (to the door) was 13.5cm(5.3150").

And since that part if angled, I also measured at the bottom of the marker to the top of the side molding ("Four Wheel Drive": making contact with the molding itself and not just where the indentation of the sheetmetal begins) and it was 16.5cm (6.4961").

HTH!

Let me know if I can do more.

Mot :)

so Mot I see you were over the parents house taking a few pixs huh?;p

Koffer said:
so Mot I see you were over the parents house taking a few pixs huh?;p

You are correct, Sir. :D

That's where we've been staying since last April. :crybaby:

BTW, got your PayPal. THANKS!!

Mot

Posted by Mot
Let me know if I can do more.

Mot,

I maybe asking too much but thanks for the measurements though. What I'm really asking is the size of the hole where you mount the side markers. It may be a square hole where you snap-in the side markers in place. I would like to get the size so I can make a template out of a cardboard and tape it up on the fender to make drilling a lot easier. Thanks Mot.

Noel,

I'll see what I can do! ;)

Mot (A little dense and didn't understand your question the first time I read it. :doh: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom