Clear and Crystal-Clear lenses for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mot,

I'm interested to buy these new orange side markers with wiring assemblies from you, how much plus shipping to my place? I'm just going to use the inner hole on the rubber gasket as a template. Let me know and thanks.

Last edited:
Noel,

Holy crap!!
I haven't gotten back to you, have I?

If you want to hold on, I will go out and use a butter knife (as someone recommended it when removing those) and take a pic/measurement.

[edit]
I didn't realize that you probably had gone to bed by the time I posted this. Dum dum![/edit]

Anyway, I think I have quoted something like $50 plus shipping on those and a little more for the clear/crystal ones (with OEM assemblies).

Shipping is $15 or a little less with (express) air shipping to N. America, including Alaska and Canada.

I think the rubber gasket measurement idea would work best, but I'll try to snap a pic or two.

Hopefully they'll be below when you get up in the morning. ;)

Mot

Last edited:
OK, I just got back in from my photo session! :rolleyes:

I'll start out by posting a few pics of the lense and its location first (just teasing, of course):
PICT0006b.jpg
PICT0007b.jpg
PICT0008b.jpg

I tried ways to stuff a butter knife in there, but it looked fairly tight!

Then I experimented with wiggling them a little and after staring at the lense I already had on hand (the backside has two different "clips": one bigger than the other; show pic one below), I decided to grab it like so (in Pic 2) and slide/push it toward the front of the vehicle and voila! (Pic 3).
PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0009b.jpg
PICT0010b.jpg

And as you can see it comes out pretty easily w/o any drama (Pic 1).

This is what it looks like w/o the lense (Pics 2 and 3).
PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0012b.jpg
PICT0014b.jpg

Now on to business :rolleyes: :D ...

I've got the tape measure (in cm :flipoff2: ) to get the distance from the hole to the door and to the molding:
PICT0025b.jpg
PICT0026b.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, 1"=2.54cm, so you just devide the cm with 2.54 and it'll give you the numbers in inches.

Anyway, I almost forgot, but here are the pics of the actual hole with the tape measure (Pic 1 posted upside down. Wanted the right orientation shown, rather than flipping upside down, not that it would made any difference in the length of the hole, I guess:rolleyes: ):

I guess I'm kind of clumsy, holding the camera on the wrong side and taking pictures. ;)

The two marks on the sides of the hole might have been left by the PO trying to take the OEM lense out with a flat head or something.

Anyway, hope this helps!

Mot
PICT0016b.jpg
PICT0017b.jpg
PICT0027b.jpg

These pictures are absolutely purrfect Mot. That is exactly the measurement I'm looking for. I like the metallic paint of your Land Cruiser, what color is that?

Now, please give me the exact price of the orange side markers with wiring harnesses plus air shipping so I can send my check to your in-laws in Utah. The one I'm getting are brand new, right? Thank you for taking the time measuring the mounting holes. :beer: You da man!

Noel,

You're so welcome. Sorry that I didn't get back to you soon enough.

I'll PM you later (in a rush to get to church ;) ) with the payment/shipping details.

Mot

Ugh! I've been out of circulation for about 2 weeks now due to unforseen and unexpected crap(!). So I just get to finally say now that I got the LED rears installed on my '92 fj80. The install was long and grueling, I thought everyone had told me that there was 4 screws, but there was 6!

No really, the install took a total of 10 minutes, and the lights kick ass! Now I need the front clear corners and markers to go with them.

Mot, PM me with shipping costs for the clear front corners and markers, and I guess those little signal lights towards the back too. Thanks!

-Jared

PS: C-dan hooked me up with a headlight too. Cheap, fast, and OEM. How can you beat that?

Jiggy said:
No really, the install took a total of 10 minutes, and the lights kick ass! Now I need the front clear corners and markers to go with them.

Mot, PM me with shipping costs for the clear front corners and markers, and I guess those little signal lights towards the back too. Thanks!

-Jared

PS: C-dan hooked me up with a headlight too. Cheap, fast, and OEM. How can you beat that?

Jared,

Glad to hear that you are happy with them.
If I haven't told you already, you should caulk them, just to minimize the chance of any water getting in. ;)

Anyway, I'll PM you with the other details.

Yes, Cdan is a cheap bastid! :D

Mot ;)

do you still have the euro crystal tail lamps for the FJ80 ... how much and how much to ship to 60440. Do you also have the rear side markers.. can u post the pic once more just to confirm ...

smokinwheels said:
do you still have the euro crystal tail lamps for the FJ80 ... how much and how much to ship to 60440. Do you also have the rear side markers.. can u post the pic once more just to confirm ...

Thanks for your interest!

Do you want the crystal rears in all-crystal or red/clear crystal?

Either way, they are still available (fronts and side leneses, I'll need to order thougugh). And the "rear" side markers are not available. You might want to check with LX_TREME since he was hinting that he could get them.

Let me know if you need additional photos of the taillight lenses (I thought you were asking for the rear sides', but I'd thought I should clarify).

I'll PM you with the shipping cost.

Mot ;)

Mot id like to see a few pics of what you have for 62s if you dont mind. i really like the clear light!

FJ40onNOS said:
Mot id like to see a few pics of what you have for 62s if you dont mind. i really like the clear light!

Really sorry that I never got back to you. :frown:

The lenses you see on page 2 of this thread (#39 and #43) are the ones that I can get for the 60/62. The bulbs for the rear can be had with either 12 or 24v, IIRC.

Hopefully, it's better late than never.

Mot :)

mot said:
Really sorry that I never got back to you. :frown:

The lenses you see on page 2 of this thread (#39 and #43) are the ones that I can get for the 60/62. The bulbs for the rear can be had with either 12 or 24v, IIRC.

Hopefully, it's better late than never.

The rear lenses for the 60/62 are the ones I ordered from Mot and I love them. I have another order for you as well Mot.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks, Paul!

I'm glad you like'em!!

Sorry that I haven't been able to help your associate with the fogs (yet).

I'll wait to hear from you with the details!

Beast said:
The rear lenses for the 60/62 are the ones I ordered from Mot and I love them. I have another order for you as well Mot.

Thanks

Paul

Motoomi,

Wow! 20% off the regular clear front lenses and red/clear rear lenses. Can you please calculate the total price plus shipping to my place? Let me know and thanks.

4x4CPOSEADOG said:
Motoomi,

Wow! 20% off the regular clear front lenses and red/clear rear lenses. Can you please calculate the total price plus shipping to my place? Let me know and thanks.

Noel,

I just got up and am trying to see "IF" I want to go riding/cycling bucause I need to.

Shipping should be something like $34.50 (slowboat) or $68 (express air).

BTW, are you still interested in a roofrack?

Let me know!

Mot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom