Cleanest way to mount windshield brush wires from front guard to roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

zrheard said:
Are the wires set wider than the hood so that the hood doesn't contact them when open, or are they pushed aside by the hood when you open it?.

FWIW my hood gently pushes the wires aside when approaching full openness. It will depend on the dimensions of your bullbar though.

Due to the body lines and going crazy if my wires were angled, I have to disconnect mine to open the hood. Takes about 10 seconds per side.

Multi-tool in the dash compartment would come in handy.

I'll be installing these soon on our rig and I'm curious do you guys leave a bit of slack in the cable for frame movement? If so, how much?

Thanks!

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

I got mine on.

posted with my thumbs.
image-180935423.jpg
image-2751700868.jpg

I'll be installing these soon on our rig and I'm curious do you guys leave a bit of slack in the cable for frame movement? If so, how much?

Thanks!

-Daniel

I tune mine to a G sharp

(Meaning, I keep mine as tight as possible)

bogus one said:
I tune mine to a G sharp

(Meaning, I keep mine as tight as possible)

Cool...

-Daniel

Adventure Copan said:

Thanks!

-Daniel

Did you install your brush cables yet? Wondering how it turned out, post up some pics.

No I'm waiting for my light bar that I'm going to mount on the front of the rack...as it's on back order for a few weeks still. I'm going to use those pipe clamps that was recommended on this thread so I can adjust the spacing to hopefully allow my hood to open without removing the cables every time. I'll post up once there on. I did get my sand/bridge ladders mounted though. :D

image-2443625463.jpg

image-2753077990.jpg

image-1708666284.jpg

-Daniel

image-2443625463.jpg
image-2753077990.jpg
image-1708666284.jpg

Thought I'd share some pictures from the trip that is still in progress. Brush wires have saved my windshield a few times so far but I have a lot of new trail stripes on the body. The wires come in handy for something so simple especially for many of the 50 year old logging "roads" that I am traveling on while doing a bit of re-exploring down trails that I traveled on as a teenager on my motorcycle. I haven't been to some of these places in 15-20 years. It is nice to introduce my 9 year old son to the places I loved so much as a kid.
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z436/dbdecicco/Cortes%20Island%202012/

Dan, your rig is just plain awesome. Every time you post pictures, I just click and save. :beer:

Thanks guys. It can't wheel as good as my 40, but it sure as hell gets me to those longer destinations.

Adventure Copan said:

Thanks!

-Daniel

If you have that much movement between your frame and roof, you have bigger problems than your brush wires ;)

slickrock said:
If you have that much movement between your frame and roof, you have bigger problems than your brush wires ;)

I don't have anymore movement than anyone else, I'm just trying to avoid a problem ahead of time. I'm referring to the movement of the frame vs the movement of the body. No one has experience that being an issue I'm assuming.

-Daniel

I haven't heard of that ever being a problem. As for personal experience, I usually don't take the FJC on trails where I would see major frame / body flex from the trail. Trails like that are for the LAnd Cruiser and I don't care about the paint enough for brush guards. Cheers.

Right on then...time will tell I guess. Thx!

-Daniel

Hi folks, bringing up an old thread here but been contemplating this as one of the next mods for my 470 and this was the only one I could fins. I love the ideas here and can't wait to start playing with a version myself, but one question/concern I have is: do these make a lot of, if any, wind noise? Particularly at highway speeds?

Would really appreciate feedback from folks who are running these.

Thanks,
Jason

In order to minimize the scratches on the side , you can use wrapping foil , not too nice to look at , but after the job you can remove it and the body paint should be held intact .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom