For Sale Clean 83 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2h55lyv.jpg

I picked this girl up last Spring from Specter Off Road out in SoCal. The mechanic at SOR wound up doing a bit of work to it including intake manifold, Carb rebuild, replaced vacuum lines and some other routine things. The odo gumd up on me at 148,999 miles and will no longer turn over to the next thousand (common issue). I have been tracking the mileage since so add an additional ~1700 mi. I was going to fix this but it has an aftermarket dash cover that needs to be removed in order to access the gauge cluster. Dash cover would likely be destroyed when removing which I believe a replacement from Cool Cruisers or some other vendors is around $150. It has the trans/ tcase oil sharing issue which is extremely common and not really worth fixing. No point in doing a rebuild for an issue that notoriously returns in these configurations. I ordered an oil line kit from a mud member that keeps oil levels where they are supposed to be. Only other issue worth noting is an extremely slow leak coming from the engine oil pan gasket. I have had to replace this gasket with every (2f) cruiser I have owned and have the oem gasket included but it just hasn't gotten bad enough to replace. We're talking a hundred milliliters or so every 1000 miles. I drove it in the spring from CA to Gysum, CO with no issue. Since winter has set in, I just have not driven it. After owning a number of rusted out cruisers that barely run, this example is just too clean in my opinion to drive unless road conditions are perfect. I feel the right buyer for this will either keep it a garage queen or [hopefully] see it for its true potential as a back country warrior. Please feel free to reach out with any other inquiries.

Price: $16,500 obo

More pics: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=QXFoVWJhTGs4Uk10SnMwbWR0M0ZYaDg0U3F2NllB

Last edited:
It's really unnecessary to start a whole new thread for this. Every time the original thread is replied to it jumps up to the top of the for sale section. Anyways, GLWTS. I sure hope you get it...

It's really unnecessary to start a whole new thread for this. Every time the original thread is replied to it jumps up to the top of the for sale section. Anyways, GLWTS. I sure hope you get it...
?? The other post was for the old eBay ad... There's no way to change it from an eBay ad to a regular for sale ad... So therefore I had to make this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom