CLC Tools and Shop Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

10mm anyone?
20220120_182221.jpg

All the flavors, sockets, wrenches and even a nut driver.

Last edited:

This is a cool ass knife I ran across....all hand made here in US.

UPK-M Series​

My gas blower just died. Any advice? Electric worth it? I saw the M18 conversation a few pages back.

Do the larger batteries last a good while? I have a large drive in front and pool deck in back.

Last edited:
It’s great, don’t expect more than ten minutes (or even less) from even a big battery. That might be an exaggeration, but not much. It is great for quick cleanups, but not if you have any volume to move around.

I've got a 40V Ryobi blower that works really well, and the battery lasts for plenty long enough for my usual clean up job. Granted, it just depends on how long your clean up takes. Also, I've not used one, but Ryobi now has backpack-style battery blowers. They may even last longer.

I know many consider Ryobi to just be a consumer brand and not worth having, but I've used their tools for a decade or more, and they've always performed at least as well as the other cordless tools I've had. Plus, I already had so many of their platform-wide batteries, it just made sense for me to continue to use their other tools as well.

I've got a 40V Ryobi blower that works really well, and the battery lasts for plenty long enough for my usual clean up job. Granted, it just depends on how long your clean up takes. Also, I've not used one, but Ryobi now has backpack-style battery blowers. They may even last longer.

I know many consider Ryobi to just be a consumer brand and not worth having, but I've used their tools for a decade or more, and they've always performed at least as well as the other cordless tools I've had. Plus, I already had so many of their platform-wide batteries, it just made sense for me to continue to use their other tools as well.
I use the 40v Ryobi tools as well. The blower is the one I use the most, blows off the decks, garage, drive way, walk way, and leaves back into the abandoned house's yard next to me no problem. Basically as powerful as the corded Toro blower I had before that I hardly used because F extension cords. Took as long to properly store the extension cable as a quick clean up.

Has anyone ever bought or used a string mower?

I am in the market for one since I yard is so rocky and just weeds until I can get something to grow.

Looking at this one.
Ginny’s dad used to have that exact one, and I used it all the time. They work very well, the string is super heavy/tough and doesn’t have to be replaced all the damn time like regular weed eater string, and the machine is incredibly well balanced so it’s easy to move around/operate. I think you’ll like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom