CLC Tools and Shop Thread

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star

That sounds awesome. Are you having it built 'turn key'? If so, do you have a contact you could share? About to do something similar...
Unfortunately, I would advise to be prepared to be shocked! The prices I've been getting recently on metal buildings are, well, stoopid! You might check with Majestic Metals and see who they recommend to erect. Their material prices seem to be better than some others.

There's really no justification I can see for the increase in prices of so many of the components. Like, concrete: the price has gone crazy, but it's not like there's a shortage of the constituents that make it up!

jynx

Turd Herder

Prices are high because demand is high. We are seeing it on our construction projects at work. Material prices are up, but not as much as labor. Take the concrete you mentioned, if a guy has 10 jobs lined up, and he knows everyone else is just a busy, then he can take a job that would normally run $4/sf and charge $8, $10 or more per sf and know that everyone else is charging the same. You catch the guys who are still on low overhead, but most are making hay while they can, because it can't last forever.

Top Bottom