CLC Tools and Shop Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.jpeg

Mine was a 3 stall pole barn for about 15 years. When I moved home I dropped a ceiling in it and imsulated the walls.

It's more of a man-cave. AC makes it a tolerable place in Mississippi in the summer

I am envious of all your man caves.
My dad goes to HF and Tractor Supply every week. When he dies me and JT will have all kinds of cheap chicom tools to use for a second time....

That's sweet set up. Love the old signs. But since American pickers came on you can't find them or priced crazy high.
He's a bachelor pilot.... but I ain't feeling sorry for you Fergie. #sugarmomma

You can find these vintage signs reproduction now. Not as cool but the price is a hell of a lot more reasonable.

These are repos in my shop but still cool.
Screenshot_2016-02-17-20-21-31-1.png

I feel like I jumped the shark for my minimalist-equipped shop, but I picked up a cheap bench top, multi-speed drill press off of CL. I think it's Tractor Supply-level Chicom. Til now it's been all hand drill.

image.jpeg

That's the most ghetto tool posted so far. Congratulation.

Nice cart...hey...it works!! Drill press beats a hand drill anyday!! Kinda like a knife at a gun fight.

New scew driver set from NT
$20 delivered 100pcs
20160222_180725.jpg

20160222_175953.jpg

Last edited:
Anything is better than the Craftsman set I bought last year; boy, they are NOT made like they used to be. I've had a number of them bend/break already.

Crapsman tools have really gone downhill over the last few years. I have been very disappointed with any replacement tools I have had to address

Craftsman sold out to the Chinese. The new replacements might as well be Harbor Freight.

Yeah, I just cannot keep screwdrivers around my shop...

I hired this out to rebath/home depot.
New master bath going in
4×8 shower
2 shower heads powered by PEX
20160223_205947.jpg
20160223_210124.jpg

Y'all are killing me with your shop pics !
It is so de motivating to go back to a 2 car after having a shop. one day i will have another one..

@southff4 post up some shop pics Fergie Ferg!

HF body saw is crap
I've had good luck with the impact sockets, press, dead, blow hammer, drill bits, step bits and grinding consumables. magnetic trays work good. If the chinese screwed that one up …. I wonder what will happen to HF when Trump gets in office??

Trump is going to make Harbor Freight great again.

Lenny, I think I saw a typo in your post; surely you didn't say you liked the HF drill bits?!

I had a whole set of them that would actually bend while I was using them to the point that the hilux was traveling in the wrong direction--craziest damned thing I've ever seen.

I may just have gotten a good run. No issues with them and i have even sharpened them with good results.

I feel like I jumped the shark for my minimalist-equipped shop, but I picked up a cheap bench top, multi-speed drill press off of CL. I think it's Tractor Supply-level Chicom. Til now it's been all hand drill.

View attachment 1211343

Nice score on a benchtop drill press. I need one for my home garage for those small projects. Ever try to use a 6" hole saw without a drill press?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom