Events/Trails Classic Cruise 2020 - 4/25/2020 (1 Viewer)

classic cruise trail

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the guide book i have been using. If anyone wants the trail information and waypoints i can make copies. I have already put the way points into my GPS.

On a side note I don't think that i an going to get good quality sleep this week. I'm too excited about going.

20200420_160936.jpg

Sorry to say......i am bailing on this run. My LV needs some loving and it's not gonna be ready for this weekend.
Plus I have run Box Canyon not too long ago.

Have a great trip. I look forward to some pix.

@mtn biker
I don't see where or what time we are meeting before heading out on the run posted in the thread, I may have missed it but I think we have a few options if you haven't picked one already.
1) Meet in Florence somewhere that can accommodate all attendees.
2) Meet up at the Price road trail head
3) Meet up at the Flagpole (Campers may prefer this one, only camping area in the area)
I marked the map below p.149 in the book.

InkedIMG_2552[354]_LI.jpg

@mtn biker
I don't see where or what time we are meeting before heading out on the run posted in the thread, I may have missed it but I think we have a few options if you haven't picked one already.
1) Meet in Florence somewhere that can accommodate all attendees.
2) Meet up at the Price road trail head
3) Meet up at the Flagpole (Campers may prefer this one, only camping area in the area)
I marked the map below p.149 in the book.

View attachment 2281296
I said the McDonald's in Florence 8:30am since there is a dirt lot behind McDonald's and a gas station next door, but 1 or 2 would also be viable meeting areas. As far as coms go i have cb mounted in my truck and unofficially i have a hand held ham radio. Frequency 146.460 on ham, what is a good channel for cb that doesn't get a lot of traffic.

I said the McDonald's in Florence 8:30am since there is a dirt lot behind McDonald's and a gas station next door, but 1 or 2 would also be viable meeting areas. As far as coms go i have cb mounted in my truck and unofficially i have a hand held ham radio. Frequency 146.460 on ham, what is a good channel for cb that doesn't get a lot of traffic.
Like I said I may have missed it, thanks looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday.

Im trying to convince the wife to go camping. Where you guys plan on camping? Campground, or desert camping.

Sorry for all these questions, i just have not been out much on AZ trails..

I plan on camping in the desert somewhere, and in the morning taking the kids geocaching or just go do that my self. I have told my 2 youngest kids that if their rooms are are not cleaned to the best of their ability they can't come. We'll see how many kids i bring with me.

Is the run still on for Box Canyon up by Wickenburg this weekend? If so, where are we all meeting?

It's not Wickenburg but Florence. See the first page for the meetup location.

Is anyone in contact with @Living in the Past ? I have some parts he is possibly interested in, but he has not replied to the message thread we have going. Trying to find out if he will be attending or if he is still interested possibly work out a mudship with someone.

Is anyone in contact with @Living in the Past ? I have some parts he is possibly interested in, but he has not replied to the message thread we have going. Trying to find out if he will be attending or if he is still interested possibly work out a mudship with someone.

Started a response and held off as been on the fence wether to go or not. I know the parts are large and heavy. While I still do want the parts an uninspected trip to the valley this week and a rather large yard project
IMG_20200423_113909899.jpg

are going to prevent me from making the three hour drive down tomorrow. Need to finish the project before I could even think of doing anything with the parts. Watching the thread I am not seeing anyone from the West valley who possible pick up and hold on to the parts until head back to the valley in weeks for some scheduled appointments. Funds are not issue. I would like to go down and see Tim Hill in the Tucson area but not sure when and if that will happen. While I want the parts if you find a local buyer or someone willing pay shipping I will certainly understand. If not hopefully will can make it would at some point.

It's not Wickenburg but Florence. See the first page for the meetup location.
Youre right, I way misunderstood. As I am in a 40 without an AC and thought it was the Wickenburg Box Canyon - I am out guys. Sorry. Too far for that long of a trip back with the family in tow...

I will spend this weekend putting in new weatherstripping, new spedo cable and door handle. Best of luck guys...

I may have missed it... but will we stop somewhere to chill and eat lunch? I'll have at least two youngsters with me and one of them gets hangry if we don't eat. I'll pack food of course, just curious if we'll stop for a leisurely meal or if I need to pack eat on the go stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom