Child Restraint Anchors (car seats) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=sjcruiser link=board=2;threadid=9743;start=msg85903#msg85903 date=1073442268]
Man, you guys make me feel bad...My daughter have been tipped over on her Graco pos a few times, luckily there's always someone in the rear when this happened.
[/quote]

Frank:

I'm not sure I understand this - you mean that in a stop (or something) the seat has rotated so that she is effectively tilted forward and/or facing the floor? Wow?

If this is the case, and you can't/don't want to buy a new seat, at least go buy some 1" nylon webbing from a climbing store and a good locking carabiner and fab something up to the rear cargo hooks - better than nothing.

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh,

It tips over (side way) a few time when I corner in a slightly hurry; and I did follow the safety instructions correctly. The other car seat (Eddie Bauer) does not do this though.

Frank.

[quote author=medtro link=board=2;threadid=9743;start=msg86007#msg86007 date=1073451866]
Anyone uses this locking clip on shoulder belt for their car seat?

https://plweb.evenflo.com/product_detail.aspx?prodid=475

I can also lock the (2nd row) shoulder belt retractor by pulling it all the way out, then release it.
[/quote]

Yeah, I've used it. It's a PITA to use, but it works okay. Came with the britax we bought for kid #1 -- now kid #2's seat.

I like this better (see pic)
http://store5.yimg.com/I/dmart_1769_189987851 (if the pic does not attach)

works as a ratchet to tighten belts.
Doug

[quote author=medtro link=board=2;threadid=9743;start=msg86007#msg86007 date=1073451866]
Anyone uses this locking clip on shoulder belt for their car seat?

https://plweb.evenflo.com/product_detail.aspx?prodid=475

I can also lock the (2nd row) shoulder belt retractor by pulling it all the way out, then release it.
[/quote]

If you don't use this you should be....the stock belts, even with the plastic clip thing suck at retaining the belt....they are 2 bucks, go get one!

I would avoid the ratchet products unless someone found a full steel one...the Graco and Peg Pergo products have plastic in the main weight bearing area of thier products....not good under loads (CRUNCH!).
Mity Tite also is plastic...be careful!!!

For those who like the Britax's, there is a store in my area that sells closeouts. These are brand new with tags and warranty. They run for 110.00 plus tax. I have purchased three and have been very pleased. Let me know if I can help.

Juke

I don't know if Toyota makes one like my wifes Suburban, but GM has a tether adapter hook that you can buckle. You hook the strap from the childs seat and buckle it into a third row seat belt. It's pretty nice for unhooking when needed. You just unbuckle it. I use the tie backs hooks in the cargo area for now.

Just thought I'd chime in on this one. We went a bought a Britax Marathon a few months back after reading about it on this forum. It's night and day different from what we had. We especially like the adjustment on the 5-point belt as it is in the front of the seat. We just loosen it up, toss the boy in the seat and buckle him in, then pull the strap tight. Doesn't matter what he is wearing, the belt is always adjusted snug.

Tom

Not to beat this to death, but both the Britax and the clip ... anyone know what weight they are rated for? Can you use them for a 2 year old toddler weighing like 35 lbs?

Thanks.

Buy a Britax Husky Junk...you can't go wrong....

Forward facing 5 point harness to 80 pounds :cheers:

I use the hooks also, and there are also hooks behind the third row in the same place. They work great, and the child seat inspector didn't say anything about them being wrong, only that I either needed a cinching seat belt, or to use the brass thing to hold the seatbelt so the straps wouldn't slide.

Yeah, the Husky is my current favorite when they get heavier. By the time that happens there will undoubtedly be another version/model out. I like the newer models with the side impact head padding. It's designed to ensure the neck vertebrae extend a bit rather than compress. Great stuff. Now if the US would only get serious about drunk drivers like most European countries have we'd have something.

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom