Cheap Seat Foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So just for a whim I measured the dimensions of the seat foam on the drivers side bottom. Turns out Dorman 926-896 is a good match for 75 bucks. I pulled my old foam and took a pic comparing the two. You can see it attached.

1DC90DAC-E73A-407A-8A86-F41BD630E339.jpeg

2873CFE8-A8E4-4018-BCD6-DC390F68D4AA.jpeg

0690111F-4FBF-40D7-8F2C-9DF251346B1C.jpeg

I have it basically in now. I have to dig out my hog rings and pliers but the upholstery is on. May be about .5 inch too long but not bad. Ill take pics after full install.

did you slice the center of the foam for the piece that goes down thru and attaches underneath?

Just a quick nod as a fellow follower of the cult of Darn Tough socks.

I did not slice down the middle. I am going to trim the rear about 1/2-1 inches and reinstall. There is too much foam hanging off the front lip.

Wife turned me on to Darn Tough socks. Ill never wear anything else. I have 500 miles of running on the pair in the pic and they look brand new.

Hi, So how soft or hard is the new seat in comparison to maybe your back seat?

Couldnt find my hog rings and pliers so waiting on a new set. Ill update the thread once I have foam in and the seat in the truck. Probably late this week.

Best suggestion is measure the dimensions and then go to Amazon or the Dorman website and hunt for something similar.

Cut the foam down about an inch from the end and trimmed one part that was over hanging a bit. It fits pretty good and for 75 bucks isnt a bad fix. I sat on it and it feels nice and firm. My OEM was smushed so I don’t really have a feel for what it is supposed to be like but it is better than what it was.

798B6812-58E8-43BD-8045-445CB73416C1.jpeg

F73EA500-D92B-4E3E-BD35-5573AC1AE5DD.jpeg

did you cut a slice in the foam for the fabric piece to go down thru?

Any more updates on this? Love it? Leave it? I’m gonna need to do this soon, I don’t mind keeping OEM seats but the bottoms are sooooooo Smushy and I’m too short to sit any lower 🤣

Hi, Just a note, The Specter ones I put in over 15 years ago are still holding up fine. I would like to know how these worked out without the center hold down .

Hi, Just a note, The Specter ones I put in over 15 years ago are still holding up fine. I would like to know how these worked out without the center hold down .
I have heard many say the specter ones are hard as a rock and lift you up a few inches. Some have drilled holes in the foam to relieve the hardness which I think works. Also the Specter ones are pricey! Currently selling for $500 for a pair. Its always good to find alternatives.

I have heard many say the specter ones are hard as a rock and lift you up a few inches. Some have drilled holes in the foam to relieve the hardness which I think works. Also the Specter ones are pricey! Currently selling for $500 for a pair. Its always good to find alternatives.
Bingo, I’d like to be a few inches higher and avoid spending $500 to do it :)

No updates. Sorry. I have Corbeaus in now and havent had time to switch the seat out to see how it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom