Cheap Modifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

My name is Franklin Holmes and I am new to this site. So far I have found lots of helpful information but had some more questions. I have a '88 FJ62 and have done a few things to it (3 inch lift, 33 inch tires, custom front/back bumpers), but would like to do more. Most of the FJs that I like have countless small features that make them unique, and I was curious if any of you had any modifications that have helped your car perform, or make it look better. I sense that most of you have more experience than I do, and just wanted to shoot this out there and see what you think. Of course, on the cheaper side would be better for these mods, but I understand that some things will be more expensive. Please let me know your ideas. Thanks so much!

Welcome @Franklin Holmes, your mods really are going to depend on your personal preferences as well as what your plans are for the truck.

Better seats. Stockers are old, and not that good. Easiest is to buy the Torfab BMW brackets - they bolt right in.

Most 62 owners will say that the H55 manual tranny is a huge improvement over the power-robbing slush-box that Toyota provided in NA.

Upgraded lights. Cibie EU spec, with a harness, higher watt bulbs. Lots of threads. There are other options too, LED, etc. Again, lots of threads. But the points the same - stock sealed beam headlights don't work that well.

Each of us will have an opinion as to what are good upgrades. Instead, read through posts, spend months reading posts, take notes on the mods you read about that make sense to you.

For the price of a sawzall and some blades you can cut the roof off. This is a pretty cheap mod and babes love topless trucks. Plus it will be lighter which will improve accelerations and fuel mileage.

For the price of a sawzall and some blades you can cut the roof off. This is a pretty cheap mod and babes love topless trucks. Plus it will be lighter which will improve accelerations and fuel mileage.
And you won’t have to worry about rust around your drip rails....

2LO

;)

8c75cedf964dbe6431efe4d003c41aeb--car-jokes-car-humor.jpg

An easy, small modification that some like (I've done it on my '86 FJ60 project vehicle) is to swap out the middle two dash vents with the outer style adjustable vents. Just pull the old ones out and push the new ones in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom