Chainsaw carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JTU

SILVER Star
Threads
How many of y'all carry a chainsaw somewhere in or on your vehicle while camping/overlanding/scouting etc?

I picked up a new saw a few weeks ago and got to looking at vehicle mounted carries and realized that there aren't many options out there and the options that are out there leave a lot to be desired in the areas of support at protection.

How many of y'all would invest in a high quality chainsaw carrier that mounted to a roof rack or tire carrier if one was available?

After seeing how few of options there are available I started drawing up some designs of carrier that would allow quick and easy access while supporting both the guide bar and power head. I'll have a prototype coming off the CNC machines in a few weeks when our tool and die guys get caught up on some projects.

Would there be interest in a true custom built high quality chainsaw carrier?

Sounds interesting. Will it be usable with a case of it will be mounted outside?

The way it is designed, you will not be able to use the case. However, I will probably have the local upholstery guy make a weatherproof cover for the mount and powerhead.

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Not that my vote matters, but I've never found fault in a good case protecting the saw while it rides in the back. I try to reduce exposure to the elements as much as possible, particularly rain , and high wind.

So is it a bro... or a bra. Big difference

I see the website missed that too. Cool idea to secure while being protected.

Jtranum .... theres a thread about this in 80s tech. Build it and they will come :)

B-lue R-idge O-verland Chain saw bra or bro bra for short.

Gotcha...Bro Bra Well thats awkward lol
But B-R-O makes sense
Just reads funny when page title is the 'the chainsaw bra' ..... then first line of text is 'the chainsaw bro'

Bringing this back up. Anything ever happen with this? I can't find anything I would be happy with and I'm just about to give in and mount a small diamond plate tool box on my Prinsu. Total frustration move. I want lockable, fairly protected from the weather, and not inside the truck (no gas and oil please).

I've got an MS660 with 24" bar. If you need to take dimensions off of it, hit me up

Custom is always nice.....
IMG_4652.JPG

But these are popular around here (edit for better link now)
Byte Tyte Chainsaw Scabbards - Byte Tyte Chainsaw Scabbards

Or a simple idea if you have an accomodating swingout design

IMG_4653.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom