Chain saws. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

stihl ms 220 is a bad ass climbing saw small and all the power of a big saw.
but a 660 or a 404 it you want a big saw.

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=14;threadid=6365;start=msg52524#msg52524 date=1066579199]
Here is IMOP the best machete type tool made
The Original WOODMAN'S PAL Machete

I've been lookin' all over the place for one of those. I couldn't remember the name. I just ordered one with a sheath to carry in the Cruiser. Holmaas comes through again! thanks![/QUOTE]

Might as well add my experience.

The Woodsman's Pal blows, period. We had a hard-on for them a few years ago in FL when we camped a lot; bought 3 of them. Sharpened them damn near good enough to shave with.

Quickly found out that their short handle and stubby blade don't provide the leverage for cutting.

You'll get the "kickback" from it, and it'll hurt. ( think little-league baseball ).

Just my experience. The vine cutter is retarded.

My opinion: get you a good quality axe, hatchet, or machete.

If you REALLY must conserve space ( unlikely for any of us ) then the Woodsman Pal would work. I, however, will never buy one again; they just "look" cool.

Kthxbye.

Sthil has a thin bladed 190 series that is easy to handle, very light and comes with a 14" blade. Because the blade is thin it doesn't require as much power to cut so it still cuts fast. We use one on the farm for most brush and tree work. Because it is so light I can even work with it out at arms length with ease. Except for the safeties this saw could be handled one handed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom