Wanted Central Texas: early FJ40 - FD cable assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KennyBob

everything's made up and the points don't matter
SILVER Star
Threads
I may have really screwed the pooch here… Looking for a replacement FD cable assembly. Mine apparently gave up the ghost.

CCA04522-AC77-4C46-A4CE-30BACD1E58B2.jpeg
32DEBCB4-0B20-4717-BB30-5CF26C689793.jpeg

I believe this is it. Picture borrowed. Also not sure if the cable can/should be separated from the rest of the assembly.
1FBA5B2B-8476-4C19-96C3-3295BC8B0B1F.jpeg

There are two different lengths for these cables. I can measure an early NOS one I have latter today. Just to help, not for sale.
Perfect thanks. Mine is a 1966 if that makes a difference.

The one that’s new is 36” long
Used one is around 30” long

You will need to take your apart to figure out what one you are chasing. If you had the correct face on your cable that would make it easier.

A2B09143-1B1C-4EBA-B762-4290D03DB5FA.jpeg

Heater and non heater cable. If non-heater, they put the 4wd vacuum box outside the firewall rib.

Casey, the smaller knob with the larger letters is for the 67-71, padded dash type.

Definitely came with heater. I’ve been chasing a new knob for that thing already. If I find a replacement cable that might be the silver lining.

Definitely came with heater. I’ve been chasing a new knob for that thing already. If I find a replacement cable that might be the silver lining.
I have an assembly with the control box. Call the shop to follow up.

I have one too but I remember @CondeCruiser having one reasonably priced. Not sure if its the correct application.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom