Central Nevada Ghost/Mining Town exploration April 28-into the first part of May. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It all started in Reno last Saturday.
DSCN2144.jpg

What does it look like after you leave the Loneliest road in America 15 miles behind?
DSCN2145.jpg

This was our view for most of the trip, the rigs were spaced pretty far apart in the valleys.
Shortwave would have been so great for this trip.
DSCN2147.jpg

Exploring Berlin
DSCN2153.jpg

Jake had fun
DSCN2155.jpg

Some people know how to "rough" it.
DSCN2158.jpg

Our more minimilist camp.
DSCN2159.jpg

Pizza anyone?
DSCN2161.jpg

BTW it was fantastic, better than any take I've ever had.

Dan was a little tall for this branch, his rig just cleared it.
DSCN2166.jpg

We saw this guy hanging out in Belmont
DSCN2168.jpg

I'll have to download more pictures from the good camera, these were the ones I took with my POS.

We learned a lot from this trip. 20 years of RV camping and we were spoiled. Not so much by the comfort of the RV but by the ease of getting ready. Everything is always packed with an RV, just fill up the water tank and throw in food. I see a few list in our future, at least until we get back into the rythum of tent camping.

I think one of the biggest challanges for us will be working out a kit that works well with the 100 and with the 40. My guess is the 40 outfit will be a subset of the 100 set-up.

GREAT PICS and GREAT WRITE UP gents (and ladies who are on mud)!
That looks to be some amazing scenery you all encountered!

Spressomon...How did the trailer do for ya when wheelin? Ive always wonered how that would be. From the looks of it, pretty damn difficult (except for when parked for the night)!

Jack,
Are you and the MRS. diggin the Taco? Looks like it did pretty well for ya!

Rusty,
B U M M E R!!!!!!:flipoff2:

Glad it was a good trip for you all and everyone made it back safe and sound!
Thanks for sharing the experience!

A truly great write up Jack!

Chicago

Spressomon...How did the trailer do for ya when wheelin? Ive always wonered how that would be. From the looks of it, pretty damn difficult (except for when parked for the night)!

It was amazing where and what that trailer went through. Dan did an amazing job pulling that thing through some pretty rough country.

Jack,

So far we are liking it. Plenty of power and we averaged 20 mpg. It did surprisingly well on the trails we were running.

Rusty,

Chicago

Jack

Jack,

Rusty,

Chicago

Keith:
The trailer will go pretty much anywhere any rig will drag it. It (not mine...but the same model) ran behind a Jeep on at least one Rubicon trip. It is nice to be able to quickly unhook the trailer with all the gear (like for day trip exploring out of a base camp) and have a normal rig to wheel. And it offers super comfortable sleeping (I sleep better in it than at home!) along with super quick set-up/tear down. And other than filling it with water the trailer is pretty much ready to go at a moments notice. I am still getting used to backing a very short WB trailer up...but I get better each time out.

I have always been a trailer fan...even when we were mountain bike fanatics we would pull a little trailer with all our camping/touring gear.

By my calculations we travelled over, in or through 11-different mountain ranges...not counting the mountain ranges we travelled parallel to.

I'm still in a mild state of depression since trying to get back into the grind today :crybaby:

By my calculations we travelled over, in or through 11-different mountain ranges...not counting the mountain ranges we travelled parallel to.

I'm still in a mild state of depression since trying to get back into the grind today :crybaby:

I was thinking the same thing...awesome.

And yeah, dealing with the people since we got back, sucks.

Jack

Oh yeah...the food part: J&D finished off with a New York Cherry topped cheescake on Tuesday evening at White River CG!!! Unreal...there were several "firsts" for campground food...the delicious 'real deal' cheescake being no exception.

This trip's going to get revisited often...IMO the new trip to compare!

Keith:
The trailer will go pretty much anywhere any rig will drag it. It (not mine...but the same model) ran behind a Jeep on at least one Rubicon trip. It is nice to be able to quickly unhook the trailer with all the gear (like for day trip exploring out of a base camp) and have a normal rig to wheel. And it offers super comfortable sleeping (I sleep better in it than at home!) along with super quick set-up/tear down. And other than filling it with water the trailer is pretty much ready to go at a moments notice. I am still getting used to backing a very short WB trailer up...but I get better each time out.

I have always been a trailer fan...even when we were mountain bike fanatics we would pull a little trailer with all our camping/touring gear.

It looks to be a stout trailer for sure!
Id be one nervous chicken if it were me pulling that thing.
I really like the idea of a BASE CAMP! Seems that most of the runs that I get involved with, we pack up every night and set up every night. Itd be nice to wheel without a LOADED rig I think!

Jack!
Once agian. looks like an awasome job putting this run together!
As for the Taco...Im thinking that is gonna be my next DD when my Ford 150 is at its end!
Im really impressed with those lil guyz!

Chicago

So when are we going to check out Eastern Nevada?

Maybe a Hastings Cutoff/ Ruby mountains trip.

I guess I should fix my rig first huh?

Damned details. :lol:

Let me know when you want to start tearing down Dan...

Well, I'll let you or Spresso/Dan work out the schedule on this one, so yeah let us know.:cool:

Let me know when you want to start tearing down Dan...

Again, let me know I can lend a hand.

Jack

Jack, how much notice do you & :princess: need to put in for time off?

The T-case for the 40 showed up today. I should be able to get that ready for High Rock.

Probably wont be able to get into the 100 until after High Rock.

Jack, how much notice do you & :princess: need to put in for time off?

The T-case for the 40 showed up today. I should be able to get that ready for High Rock.

Probably wont be able to get into the 100 until after High Rock.

I don't need a whole lot of time, but the princess needs some warning, the earlier the better.

Glad to hear you got your t-case, if you need a hand let me know, I'm free this weekend.

See you tomorrow.

Jack

Some very nice pictures, too bad you couldn't get a picture of that dust devil in it's full glory, that was something to see.

Jack

Well looks like you guys had a good time and everything went well except for the diff trouble Rusty Glad you guys had a good time and i would deff be up for that trip as well in the future Very Nice Pics Rustly

Dan:cheers:

That camera takes some AWESOME pics! I mean really FRICKING clear!
The shots were awesome too!

Chicago

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a great trip! We'd like to join you sometime. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom