Center locker stuck/ broken? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! This morning I was driving my 99 Land Cruiser (287k miles) back home from PT and when I got into the parking lot the center locker light came on and now I can’t get it to off. I can hear the relay activating and everything, but nothing is happening. Also, now it looks like my front diff has a leak. Anyone have this issue before?

Click the CDL and then drive in reverse slowly and move the steering wheel left and right. If that does not work, go forward with the same. Then click the CDL again and drive in reverse again. They some times get stuck.

Click the CDL and then drive in reverse slowly and move the steering wheel left and right. If that does not work, go forward with the same. Then click the CDL again and drive in reverse again. They some times get stuck.
Thank you, I will try this after work!

any news on this?

Does this work if mine won't lock and the light won't come on? I hear the relay clicking, but that's it.

Does this work if mine won't lock and the light won't come on? I hear the relay clicking, but that's it.

Are you positive it's not locking?

It's highly possible it is engaging the lock, but the light isn't coming on. My 05 (current) never showed the CDL light until one day doing a whole lotta spinning trying to get out of a high-centered situation. Out of nowhere, the light started working. Now it's consistent. Before then, I was still able to confirm it was locked, just sucked having to guess or figure it out before getting back on to pavement.

Are you positive it's not locking?

It's highly possible it is engaging the lock, but the light isn't coming on. My 05 (current) never showed the CDL light until one day doing a whole lotta spinning trying to get out of a high-centered situation. Out of nowhere, the light started working. Now it's consistent. Before then, I was still able to confirm it was locked, just sucked having to guess or figure it out before getting back on to pavement.

It's possible, but I figured I'd know if it locked. The light worked when I got it, I just noticed it wasn't when I was going up a mountain fire road a couple weeks ago. How can I test if it's locking?

@Ozymandias push the button and steer into a tight circle, you will feel it if it engages.

If you're referring to the light illuminated on the dash after you turn off your CDL, it doesn't mean it's stuck/not working. The mechanical aspect of it might be working but the indicator won't go out because of a bad, well indicator. Search CDL indicator switch, as mentioned above, when you turn on the CDL, the button will be recessed more into the dash, when it's off, it's out further. Turn it on, and then make a Uturn, it should be hard to do and the tires will feel like it's skipping or fighting you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom