Center Differental lock indicator keeps blinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there fellow community meme nerd

My 2011 LC has been parked for 4 days and today I went to go warm it up to use and noticed the Center differental lock blinking on the dash and not turning off.. how do I stop it from doing so and what does it mean ?

Thank you

It seems a lot of people are having this issue. Most people have success with driving it a mile or so (as long as everything sounds and feels normal) then turn off the engine and then back on and most of the time it clears. I would try that a few times if it doesn't clear.

It seems a lot of people are having this issue. Most people have success with driving it a mile or so (as long as everything sounds and feels normal) then turn off the engine and then back on and most of the time it clears. I would try that a few times if it doesn't clear.
Try it and it cleared .. that's pretty weird I'm suprised toyota hasn't addressed this issue

I had this problem with my LX570 a couple of months ago. The indicator sensor on the transfer case was fouled. It will clear itself, but the long term solution is to clean the sensor.

I had this problem with my LX570 a couple of months ago. The indicator sensor on the transfer case was fouled. It will clear itself, but the long term solution is to clean the sensor.
Do you know where the sensors are located ?

The light comes on periodically to remind you that you need to go wheeling more often!

I have had similar issues with the CDL warning light coming on when starting the car. Mine seems to be more related to the timing in which I push the start button. If I'm conscious of depressing the brake and then hitting the button I have no problem. However if I don't time it and hit the brake slightly later than hitting the start button the CDL light comes on. When it does I shut everything down, wait a minute and restart with brake depressed first. It then goes away.

BTW. I have a 2013. When I have the CDL light issue it doesn't matter if the truck hasn't been driven in a few days, or if it is cold.

It's not about being driven, but more specifically has the center diff been locked/unlocked/used. I had this issue when I first bought my truck, but it was a mall cruiser and prob never shifted in 4low let alone locked center diff. But ever since I started using the CD more regularly I haven't seen the blinky light since.

It certainly is more of a usage indicator than anything else...as others have mentioned.

Noticed this with my '08LX. CDL engagement and moving from H/L or vice versa was pretty inconsistent. Turning the engine off and back on usually got the job done but was a pretty lousy way to resolve the issue. Now that I am exercising it more it is back ship shape and both functions work when the buttons are pressed. I can pretty much guarantee neither Low nor the CDL were ever exercised in the last 9 or 10 years LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom