Center Caps for Tundra Wheels (1 Viewer)

Is there a cap that fits?

• Yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2000 Hundy. I have these tundra wheels and can't find the 18" Land Cruiser Center Caps that are supposed to fit over front hubs? If you have successfully found one please post pic and part number - greatly appreciate any help. (I currently smashed the dust caps in and reformed the tundra caps but they look pretty crap - don't want to buy a new set to drill - really want a fitted LC center cap if possible.
c75156_lg.jpg

Caps I've tried that don't fit + 16" Stock caps

images
51CnJnvA3OL._SY90_.jpg

I have the same wheels. Caps that cover the hubs on those wheels don't exist. I got new bearing dust caps, painted them with high-temp clear so they were nice and shiny silver, and used a 2" hole saw to put a clearance hole in the caps. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for it.

I have the same wheels. Caps that cover the hubs on those wheels don't exist. I got new bearing dust caps, painted them with high-temp clear so they were nice and shiny silver, and used a 2" hole saw to put a clearance hole in the caps. It's not noticeable unless you are looking for it.
Damn, I thought I saw in a thread someone had fitted a pair from a 18" LC wheel. Did you try spacers, I'm thinking I might go that route if I stay with the 33's - not sure if the spacers would work with 35's and the fender.

Spacers are 1 of 3 options available to you. The second is to use a hole bit to drill out a small hole for the cap to stick out of as gatormark91 mentioned above. The third would be to use the LX caps which will clear the hubs without spacers. Issue with those is that they are more of a silver/grey rather than just silver like the Toyota caps. I'd go with 1" or 1.25" spacers. I went with 1.25 from BORA

Tundra Wheels.JPG

Spacers are 1 of 3 options available to you. The second is to use a hole bit to drill out a small hole for the cap to stick out of as gatormark91 mentioned above. The third would be to use the LX caps which will clear the hubs without spacers. Issue with those is that they are more of a silver/grey rather than just silver like the Toyota caps. I'd go with 1" or 1.25" spacers. I went with 1.25 from BORA

View attachment 1590410

I've got a set of BORA 1.25s at home waiting to go on. Looks great!

(BTW, though, the rims on your truck are not the ones OP posted about. People have fit those with some decent grinding on the center caps, and hammering on the bearing dust caps. The later ones fit too close)

Last edited:
I have the same wheel/tire combo that geanes has. I used the original '04 center caps on the tundra wheel. Slight difference but no need for spacers, plus I do not like how the wheel looks like w/o a cap. First pic is from the front with 04 caps and second pic is the Tundra caps.
front.jpg
rear.jpg

lc.jpg

I have the same wheel/tire combo that geanes has. I used the original '04 center caps on the tundra wheel. Slight difference but no need for spacers, plus I do not like how the wheel looks like w/o a cap. First pic is from the front with 04 caps and second pic is the Tundra caps. View attachment 1590553 View attachment 1590554

View attachment 1590555
They look great, but not the same wheels OP has. Those are earlier Tundra wheels than his. Mine are off of a '15 Tundra, which is different that the earlier 08+ wheels. The diameter of the indentation in the wheel that retains the caps was reduced a very small amount. Maybe someone else got other earlier caps to fit, but I was unable to do so without bending the plastic tabs that held the retention ring in the caps enough, they were going to break off.

IMG_1413.JPG

Only options I've come across on here for clearing front center caps (w/o running spacers)
Bore 2" hole
BFH method (flatten dust caps)
Have read where 18" 100 centers fit w a lil dremel work to clips but haven't tried.
I couldn't get 16" centers to fit even after I took dremel tool to it. Really close, but not a secure fit.

View attachment 1590410
You used 1.25 “ spacers, I would like to ask you if 1” spacer will work also . I already have same rims and ready to buy the spacers .
Thanks a lot !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom